Re: First post

  • Jeff Belyea
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 4, 2005
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Israel LaVictoire"
      <ilavictoire@y...> wrote:
      > Hello to all. My first post here. It probably doesn't matter where
      > am spiritually. However, there has been a lot of emotional turmoil
      > in
      > my life which leads to my question. Meditation. I believe I
      > understand the concept, but I am unable to relax my mind to meditate.
      >
      > Any suggestions, please, would be a start for me. Thanks, Israel.

      Hello, Israel -

      Meditation is about learning
      to relax the mind, so you do
      not have to know how to relax
      your mind to meditate - you
      only have to know how to
      breathe.

      Try noticing when you are
      inhaling and when you are
      exhaling. You can start
      this right now, while you
      are reading. Continue to
      read and be aware of your
      breathing. Let your mind do
      what it will, but keep coming
      back to noticing when you
      are inhaling and when you
      are exhaling. Even a few
      seconds of simply noticing
      when you are inhaling and
      when you are exhaling
      will begin to "train" your
      mind to learn meditation.

      Meditation will give you
      a break from the emotional
      turmoil, and with practice
      will provide you with very
      practical "tools" for
      learning to relax.

      Did you notice that simply
      being aware of your breathing
      allows a bit of relaxation
      immediately?

      Welcome,

      Jeff
    • Rushikant Mehta
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 5, 2005
        Accept it , react not with aversion or with desire to come out sooner, pass thru the hell, is the only way to get rid for ever. Any attempt otherwise will make it appear to subside momentarily but sit in the subconscious later to erupt. May u be blessed with the sanity & courage to bear it.

        Israel LaVictoire <ilavictoire@...> wrote:
        Hello to all.  My first post here.  It probably doesn't matter where
        am spiritually.  However, there has been a lot of emotional turmoil
        in
        my life which leads to my question.  Meditation.  I believe I
        understand the concept, but I am unable to relax my mind to meditate.

        Any suggestions, please, would be a start for me.  Thanks, Israel.

        May All Beings be Happy, be Peaceful, be Liberated from Misery.

      • Lee LaVictoire