First post

  • Israel LaVictoire
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 3, 2005
      Hello to all. My first post here. It probably doesn't matter where
      am spiritually. However, there has been a lot of emotional turmoil
      in
      my life which leads to my question. Meditation. I believe I
      understand the concept, but I am unable to relax my mind to meditate.

      Any suggestions, please, would be a start for me. Thanks, Israel.
    • Jeff Belyea
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 4, 2005
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Israel LaVictoire"
        <ilavictoire@y...> wrote:
        > Hello to all. My first post here. It probably doesn't matter where
        > am spiritually. However, there has been a lot of emotional turmoil
        > in
        > my life which leads to my question. Meditation. I believe I
        > understand the concept, but I am unable to relax my mind to meditate.
        >
        > Any suggestions, please, would be a start for me. Thanks, Israel.

        Hello, Israel -

        Meditation is about learning
        to relax the mind, so you do
        not have to know how to relax
        your mind to meditate - you
        only have to know how to
        breathe.

        Try noticing when you are
        inhaling and when you are
        exhaling. You can start
        this right now, while you
        are reading. Continue to
        read and be aware of your
        breathing. Let your mind do
        what it will, but keep coming
        back to noticing when you
        are inhaling and when you
        are exhaling. Even a few
        seconds of simply noticing
        when you are inhaling and
        when you are exhaling
        will begin to "train" your
        mind to learn meditation.

        Meditation will give you
        a break from the emotional
        turmoil, and with practice
        will provide you with very
        practical "tools" for
        learning to relax.

        Did you notice that simply
        being aware of your breathing
        allows a bit of relaxation
        immediately?

        Welcome,

        Jeff
      • Rushikant Mehta
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 5, 2005
          Accept it , react not with aversion or with desire to come out sooner, pass thru the hell, is the only way to get rid for ever. Any attempt otherwise will make it appear to subside momentarily but sit in the subconscious later to erupt. May u be blessed with the sanity & courage to bear it.

          Israel LaVictoire <ilavictoire@...> wrote:
          Hello to all.  My first post here.  It probably doesn't matter where
          am spiritually.  However, there has been a lot of emotional turmoil
          in
          my life which leads to my question.  Meditation.  I believe I
          understand the concept, but I am unable to relax my mind to meditate.

          Any suggestions, please, would be a start for me.  Thanks, Israel.

          May All Beings be Happy, be Peaceful, be Liberated from Misery.

        • Lee LaVictoire