Swami Satchidananda's Weekly Words of Wisdom

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 26, 2005
      "Whatever you do, your ultimate goal is to be happy. And what is that
      happiness? Where is that happiness? Within you. Because, you realize
      that nothing, and nobody, can make you always happy. I say `always.'
      because temporary happiness, okay. But, if you want to have permanent
      happiness, it will never come from outside. If somebody makes you
      happy today, the same person will make you unhappy tomorrow. If
      something makes you happy, when the something is lost, you become
      unhappy. Money, wealth, health, power, position. Nothing makes you
      happy. So the world itself is teaching you. Mother nature gives you
      this message, `Don't run after me. Look within. The happiness is
      already in you.'

      God bless you. Om Shanthi, Shanthi, Shanthi."

      For moe info about Swamiji:
      http:www.yogaville.org
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 30, 2007
        "A Realized Soul"

        "A realized or liberated soul, a Jivanmukta,
        neither worries about the past nor thinks
        about the future, but simply enjoys the golden
        present. If all of a sudden, in the middle of
        the day, the sun becomes moon and the cool
        moonlight shines down on us, won't it be a big
        surprise? Imagine if something like that happened
        right now, how astonished you would be. But not
        the Jivanmukta. Such a person will feel, 'Well,
        if that's what God wants, fine. I accept it.' The
        scriptures tell us: 'The Jivanmukta will neither
        say, 'This is good' nor 'This is bad,' but will
        say: 'It's all God's will.' He or she will just
        witness everything. It is hard to accept, but there
        is no other way to find permanent peace.

        "God bless you. Om Shanthi, Shanthi, Shanthi."
        Swami Satchidananda

        To subscribe to Swamiji's Weekly Words of Wisdom,
        email your request to: wordsofwisdom@...
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 24, 2008
          "Create Selfless Thoughts"

          "Many people think, `What is the use of
          me controlling my mind - making it blank without any
          thoughts? Am I going to be like a stone?'
          Learn to control the thoughts so you can create any
          thought you want. This mastery makes the mind
          your tool. You can fulfill all your responsibilities
          and serve humanity greatly by achieving this control.
          If, after finding tranquility, you go out to
          serve, you are still creating thoughts - but thoughts
          of serving others. They are selfless thoughts.

          Even if such thoughts arise in the mind they
          won't affect its tranquility. If you can make your mind
          pure, then the whole world is your friend. That's
          why dedicated people never have worries, anxiety
          or restlessness. They are permanently joyous.

          "God bless you. Om Shanthi, Shanthi, Shanthi."

          To have the Weekly Words of Wisdom emailed to you,
          email your request to:
          wordsofwisdom@...