Re: God and higher consciousness

  • visibleinpublic
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 24 6:15 PM
      I find two points personally very interesting. The first is about the
      recognition of the concept "why are you doing this?". I've had that
      one too. After going through a concentrated phase of meditation this
      one came up more often. Subsequently, in essence, I became aware of
      this ... concept, is the best way I can word it, that this type of
      contact shouldn't be done frequently. Almost to the point that while
      on this planet with a physical body this type of thing is not
      necessary on a regular basis. Further into continuing to meditate, I
      came to understand this to mean that there is an inate part that is
      this that we try to contact already in us and there is also a problem
      with making such contact at certain 'phases' (like while you are on
      this planet and have a physical body) ~ primarily because this is how
      you (we as people/doing this people in physical thing) differentiate
      being here or doing this too. I noticed also that it actually
      initiates the end to having separate states of being ~ little
      prematurely. After 'hearing' this, I also started to notice much more
      of a difference to going within relative to what you are doing
      (physical planet/body) to relative to whence you came.

      The other point that you bring up which I find interesting is about
      enlightened people. From readings only ~ not personal meetings ~ it
      seems that many 'enlightened' people don't do a whole lot. Some are
      well taken care of by their followers ~ it's not like they are holding
      down a job, have a family and need to clean the gutters this weekend.
      I think there is a difference between following a routine
      you can do really deep and intense things and you will know things
      that are not discussed. I really believe personally, from my own
      personal experience, that many call enlightened follow a particular
      path ~ follow accepted 'techniques' or routines but may never really
      be driven by a desire to know specifics.

      Putting the two points together it makes me think. I know that we
      intentionally separate ourselves ~ that is a small part of the
      beginnings of individualization. And if you spend too much time
      connected to what you are already, you can develop complications with
      how you are intentionally separate. The enlightened may really be
      attempting to find the right balance between individualizing and still
      being one of the whole. I think this is different than when some
      enlightened ones seem to be trying to be here but not be here. What is
      the point of doing this if you are going to do it like you are not
      doing it? To actually live within that higher level of conscious and
      do mundain tasks on a daily basis ... I think that would be difficult
      because much becomes contradictory.

      Thanks for sharing this.

      Lisa*~

      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Tony Osime"

      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 24 6:33 PM
        <tony.osime@f...> wrote:
        > Hello everyone,
        >

        > It has been a while since I last posted. I skim the daily digests
        > occasionally so I may not be fully up to speed on the various threads.
        >
        > I would like to share an insight I gained during a recent meditation
        > session. Please could I have your thoughts and comments.
        >
        > As I waited for my usual mind chatter to subside, one of the last
        > thoughts that came was "why are you doing this?". Meaning, why was I
        > relaxing my mind chatter away. As if in response I got a sense that I
        > was simply accessing a higher level of consciousness that was not
        > normally available to me, partly because of my mind chatter.
        >
        > I then had a sense (this is thought without thinking) that this higher
        > level of consciousness was very similar or the same as that accessed by
        > people when they invoke God through prayer or other means.
        >
        > While I accessed this higher level of consciousness it gave me a
        > solution to a problem I was having that was completely unreasonable but
        > effective.
        >
        > What I find interesting is that there is no language with this higher
        > consciousness. It boils down to being so still and present that you are
        > receptive to the very subtle hints it gives you. It would be very hard
        > live this way but my thinking is that enlightened people do live within
        > this higher level of consciousness.
        >
        > Please can I have your thoughts.
        >
        > ...Tony

        Yo Sri Tonyji,

        Your post is something everyone who
        meditates can now, or eventually, will
        be able to relate to.

        The "Inner Chatterer" is the villain in
        this drama we label as life. Meditation
        can in part be described as the activity
        of gaining control over this ever active
        usurper of our attention.

        Real prayer/concentration is quieting the
        Chatterer to such a degree that God's
        wisdom can be heard and Her/His love can
        be felt. This may not be a forever state,
        but better to have known love once than
        never to have known it at all.

        Meditation, as opposed to concentration
        (which it really isn't in opposition to),
        is when God's "good stuff" envelops and
        fills you. Or more acurately, the illusion
        of separateness is re-moved, and the Truth
        that has always been behind the curtain is
        revealed. And this can happen without
        actually sitting in meditation or praying,
        or doing self-inquiry, or any "doing", but
        for thousands of years, the most viable
        precurser to both moments of clarity and
        also to a life of an ongoing awareness of
        God's presence and presents, has been
        experienced mainly by those who actually
        do meditate, and not just chatter about it,
        without or within.

        Thanks you for sharing. I always enjoy your
        contributions to this forum and value it
        greatly.

      • Tony Osime
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 29 2:18 AM
          Hello everyone,

          Thanks Lisa and Bob for responding to my previous post.
          (I had to travel suddenly so I was not able to respond right away).

          Lisa, I had to read your post a few times to understand it better. I am
          not sure I fully understand what you are saying but I do have a sense of
          your personal experience and deep insight. When I meditate I am
          sometimes torn between a fear of the unknown and a sense that I am being
          guided so that I will not encounter more than I can manage.

          The image I sometimes have of enlightened people is that they are
          experiencing life like a movie in which they are one of the actors. It
          does not matter much what role they play, as they get to see the film as
          a whole and enjoy it.

          Bob, thanks for kind words of insight and encouragement.

          ...Tony
        • Jeff Belyea
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 29 6:14 AM
            To actually live within that higher level of conscious and
            > do mundain tasks on a daily basis ... I think that would be difficult
            > because much becomes contradictory.
            >

            > Lisa*~

            Hi, Lisa -

            Enlightened living accepts