Even More Zen and the Art of Knifemaking

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 15, 2005
      The latest example has been uploaded to the photo
      section (pictures #72 and 73). The handle is
      Buckeye Burl, the guard is nickle-silver, and the
      steel is 1095. The blade is 9 3/4" and the overall
      length is about 15". It's the first of 6 blades
      that I recently got back from being heat treated,
      and is the one that I originally thought the least
      attractive relative to my first impression of the
      shape of the blade alone. But now, seeing the complete
      knife, I recognize how beautiful the wood is, and how the
      total shape of the blade flows well with it. And knowing
      it will be sturdy and easy to keep sharp and be
      usuable long after my own body is but ashes, I now
      appreciate it in a way I never suspected I would.
      And so, in this now, it seems obvious to extrapolate This
      into how to see everything...