Re: [Meditation Society of America] Book project

  • globe peace
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 9, 2005
      Dear Diana,
      I suggest you to read
      REal meditation experiences

      Diana Woods <spirit_first_org@...> wrote:
      Hi everyone. I am founding a new organization in Washington, D.C., a nonprofit called Spirit First, which will one day become Spirit First Meditation Center. We envision a sanctuary that crosses disciplines, which will have in addition to its main meditation room, separate meditation rooms for specific disciplines such as a Jewish room, a Sufi room, a Christian room, a Buddhist room, etc. We will house a mediation garden and indoor and outdoor labyrinths.
      We are beginning a book project about meditation, a book that will include stories from Buddhist, Hindu, Jewish, Christian, Sufi and various other practitioners.
      In this book we will include pages presenting personal answers to the following questions:
      Where do you meditate?
      When do you meditate?
      What is meditation?
      What would be your answer to any of these questions? Answers can be one word, one sentence or one paragraph. If you would like to participate in the book project, please contact me at spirit_first_org@.... You will not be able to be anonymous to me (though you can use an assumed name in the book if you prefer). All proceeds from the book go toward the building of the meditation center.
      We also have a mindfulness meditation practice CD to be released the end of this year. Let me know if you are interested in this or in being on our newsletter mailing list.
      I am happy to be a new part of this meditation chat group. I look forward to learning with you and from you all.

      Do You Yahoo!?

      Discover Yahoo!