Re: Question about stones from Email

  • José Perez
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 26, 2002
      Here is some information I acquired from a friend. These stones are
      used for CHAKRA meditation which I was interested in. This lists
      the colors and example stones.

      Crown chakra- Color: violet
      Stones: Kunzite, Rock Crystal(also known as clear quartz)

      3rd eye chakra- Color: Indigo
      Stones: Amethyst, Purple Fluorite, Lapiz Lazulia

      Throat Chakra- Color: Blue
      Stones: Sapphire, Sodalite, Turquoise

      Heart Chakra- Color: Green or Pink
      Stones: Emerald, Jade, Aventurine, Malachite, and Rose Quartz

      Naval Chakra- Color: Yellow
      Stones: Yellow topaz, Yellow amber, yellow calcite

      Pelvic Chakra- Color: Orange
      Stones: Tigers eye, orange jasper, sunstone

      Base Chakra- Color: Red
      Stones: Ruby, Carnelian, Dragon's eye, Garnet

      Use whichever stone feels right for you. I just randomly picked and
      use only a couple that I believe works the best. Hope this helps!

      Achhaa,

      <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > XXX wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > I'm an architect student in Sweeden, and i'm designing a garden for
      > meditation. I've been searching the internett, and there seems to
      be a
      > connection between meditation and stones. Can you please tell me
      it if
      > is true, and if yes, what is the connestion and the importance of
      the
      > stone.
      >
      > Thank you lots.
      >
      > Kind regards
      > XXX
    • tosime
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 26, 2002
        This is such an interesting question. I would like to attempt a reply from a
        very limited perspective.

        For me, stones have tremendous symbolism that connects directly to
        meditation.

        The stillness of stone matches the stillness I seek in meditation. Simply
        looking at a stone helps to induce the meditative state.

        The smoothly worn surface of pebbles and round boulders reflects the way
        meditation smoothes our rough edges and makes us less susceptible to the
        rough rivers of life.

        When placed carefully, stones provide places to step on to avoid being swept
        away by a stream, just as we need meditation to avoid being swept away by
        life's challenges.

        Stones symbolize ages and ages of time. When we meditate we seek to reach a
        timeless state of being.

        If we take these symbols we can translate them into design ideas for a
        garden.

        1) A large, smoothly worn, very symmetrical boulder would be a good focal
        point for meditation. I picture it at the center of a ring of meditation
        stools. The boulder would probably sit on contrasting fine sand which might
        itself have a boarder of smaller, smooth pebbles.

        2) A stone path linking one point to another point makes for a calming
        scene - even if the path is more symbolic than practical.

        3) I have always been fascinated my meteorite rock especially when they
        predate the earth. If I was designing a garden, I might include a collection
        of meteorite rock in a protected but natural display.

        ...I hope this helps

        ...Tony