Weekly Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

    Message 1 of 32 , Jun 4, 2005
      "What is my essential teaching? How to become easeful, peaceful and
      useful. Make your life easeful. Whenever you disturb your ease you say
      that you are dis-eased. You had ease before, you disturbed it, you are
      dis-eased. Remove the disturbance and get back to ease. So physically,
      become easeful. Mentally become peaceful. You make yourself easeful
      and peaceful. Only then can you be useful. Your goal should be, `I
      make myself easeful and peaceful so that I can be useful to others.'
      Remember these three words: easeful, peaceful and useful. That's the
      goal of all religions. Even the fellow that doesn't have any religion
      wants to be easeful, peaceful and useful.

      God bless you. Om Shanthi, Shanthi, Shanthi."

      For more info about Swamiji: http://www.swamisatchidananda.org
      Message 32 of 32 , Jan 3, 2009
        What Makes You Beautiful?

        "The more you worry about your weight,
        the more sick you become. The worry itself
        causes increase in weight because many
        people eat a lot when they worry. The more
        you think of weight, the more weight you
        will have. As you think, so you become.
        Worry is the most dangerous disease. Keep
        the mind healthy always. If someone doesn't
        want to like you because of your weight, that
        person is interested only in your flesh, not
        in your qualities. What will make a person
        beautiful? The beauty of wisdom that dawns
        through tranquility of mind. We have enough
        troubles and worries. Yogis should not be
        bothered with weight issues. Let us think
        of more important things in life that could
        bring peace, joy and harmony.

        For more by and about Swamiji:
        http://yogaville.org/