Question about stones from Email

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 26, 2002
      XXX wrote:
      Hi,

      I'm an architect student in Sweeden, and i'm designing a garden for
      meditation. I've been searching the internett, and there seems to be a
      connection between meditation and stones. Can you please tell me it if
      is true, and if yes, what is the connestion and the importance of the
      stone.

      Thank you lots.

      Kind regards
      XXX
    • José Perez
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 26, 2002
        Here is some information I acquired from a friend. These stones are
        used for CHAKRA meditation which I was interested in. This lists
        the colors and example stones.

        Crown chakra- Color: violet
        Stones: Kunzite, Rock Crystal(also known as clear quartz)

        3rd eye chakra- Color: Indigo
        Stones: Amethyst, Purple Fluorite, Lapiz Lazulia

        Throat Chakra- Color: Blue
        Stones: Sapphire, Sodalite, Turquoise

        Heart Chakra- Color: Green or Pink
        Stones: Emerald, Jade, Aventurine, Malachite, and Rose Quartz

        Naval Chakra- Color: Yellow
        Stones: Yellow topaz, Yellow amber, yellow calcite

        Pelvic Chakra- Color: Orange
        Stones: Tigers eye, orange jasper, sunstone

        Base Chakra- Color: Red
        Stones: Ruby, Carnelian, Dragon's eye, Garnet

        Use whichever stone feels right for you. I just randomly picked and
        use only a couple that I believe works the best. Hope this helps!

        Achhaa,

        <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > XXX wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > I'm an architect student in Sweeden, and i'm designing a garden for
        > meditation. I've been searching the internett, and there seems to
        be a
        > connection between meditation and stones. Can you please tell me
        it if
        > is true, and if yes, what is the connestion and the importance of
        the
        > stone.
        >
        > Thank you lots.
        >
        > Kind regards
        > XXX
      • tosime
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 26, 2002
          This is such an interesting question. I would like to attempt a reply from a
          very limited perspective.

          For me, stones have tremendous symbolism that connects directly to
          meditation.

          The stillness of stone matches the stillness I seek in meditation. Simply
          looking at a stone helps to induce the meditative state.

          The smoothly worn surface of pebbles and round boulders reflects the way
          meditation smoothes our rough edges and makes us less susceptible to the
          rough rivers of life.

          When placed carefully, stones provide places to step on to avoid being swept
          away by a stream, just as we need meditation to avoid being swept away by
          life's challenges.

          Stones symbolize ages and ages of time. When we meditate we seek to reach a
          timeless state of being.

          If we take these symbols we can translate them into design ideas for a
          garden.

          1) A large, smoothly worn, very symmetrical boulder would be a good focal
          point for meditation. I picture it at the center of a ring of meditation
          stools. The boulder would probably sit on contrasting fine sand which might
          itself have a boarder of smaller, smooth pebbles.

          2) A stone path linking one point to another point makes for a calming
          scene - even if the path is more symbolic than practical.

          3) I have always been fascinated my meteorite rock especially when they
          predate the earth. If I was designing a garden, I might include a collection
          of meteorite rock in a protected but natural display.

          ...I hope this helps

          ...Tony