New Material for Zen and the Art of Knifemaking

    Message 1 of 1 , May 28, 2005
      I recently found something new under the sun!
      After thousands of years of people making knives
      using pretty much the same materials for handles,
      thanks to Ed Davidson, I was able to be one of the
      first to try something pretty new to this craft. I just
      got done using a new Poly Resin material Ed has
      created for knife handle use. He already has made excellent
      wine bottle stoppers and pen handles out of it.
      Frankly, I didn't have that great a success with
      the quality of craftmanship but in person you
      hardly notice because of how great the handle material
      looks. The flows of colors and design change as the
      light hits it differently. I've posted pictures of the
      knife in the Photo section - #'s 70 and 71.
      So, once again, this little creating something functional
      and pretty out of raw materials meditation has been a
      pleasant surprise, and this time a unique one.
      PS: Thanks Ed for the chance to try this material out.
      Ed's web site is at:
      www.yoyospin.com
      To contact Ed about getting
      some of this material, his email is: