Re: Weekly Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

  • Jeff Belyea
    Message 1 of 32 , May 24, 2005
      The teacher is already
      within you - in the
      neural clusters of
      your heart and in
      the silence of now.

      If you sit with your
      nose and cheeks pressed
      against the window,
      asking "Where is he?"
      you are looking in
      the wrong place.

      Yes, an Awakened Teacher
      can speak of the clean,
      calm & peaceful mind.
      But the words are not
      really a "teaching",
      they are a pointing
      to your own inner
      wisdom that simply
      requires acknowledgement.

      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "rushi_kant"

      Message 32 of 32 , Jan 3, 2009
        What Makes You Beautiful?

        "The more you worry about your weight,
        the more sick you become. The worry itself
        causes increase in weight because many
        people eat a lot when they worry. The more
        you think of weight, the more weight you
        will have. As you think, so you become.
        Worry is the most dangerous disease. Keep
        the mind healthy always. If someone doesn't
        want to like you because of your weight, that
        person is interested only in your flesh, not
        in your qualities. What will make a person
        beautiful? The beauty of wisdom that dawns
        through tranquility of mind. We have enough
        troubles and worries. Yogis should not be
        bothered with weight issues. Let us think
        of more important things in life that could
        bring peace, joy and harmony.

        For more by and about Swamiji:
        http://yogaville.org/