Re: Weekly Words of Wisdom by Swami Satchidananda

  • rushi_kant
    Message 1 of 32 , May 24, 2005
      You are absolutely right, Jeff, that a teacher & a committment to
      him is a must. Anyone would surrender to a teacher who can show a
      way that passes the test I laid; that the way should be unversally
      applicable, non-sectarian, practicable without renouncing the
      world , allowing freedom to leave & clean the mind of all
      defilements from the subconscious level. It's true that a student
      with a belligerent committment will succeed in presence of the right
      teacher, but who is the right teacher ? Only one who shows such a
      path & has himself walked on it & achieved peace of mind. Where is
      he ? Wait for him to appear ?
      -rushikant.

      <jeff@m...> wrote:
> [...]
      > wicket that only
      > fervency and FOCUS
      > will unglue and
      > see you through
      > until it's time
      > for the wine.
      >
      > Fearless Outrageous
      > Commitment to
      > Unwavering Success.
      >
      > This requires no creed
      > no articles of faith,
      > or superstitious stupor.
      > Just...drop a hanky.
      > And wait. A simple
      > quiet meditation
      > wouldn't hurt.
      >
      > But keep in mind...
      >
      > "A less than belligerent
      > commitment is a curse."
      > Eric Maisel
      >
      > Jeff
      >

      > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "rushi_kant"
      > <rushi_kant@y...> wrote:
      > > Swamiji rightly says, only a clean calm & peaceful mind can
      reflect
      > > God's image. But how to make the mind clean & calm ? Is there a
      > way, a
      > > method that =
      > >
      > > = is universally non-sectarian that anybody belonging to any
      faith
      > can
      > > adopt without hesitation ?
      > >
      > > =one can practise even while following one's daily routine life ?
      > >
      > > =cleans not only the conscious surface mind but penetrates deep
      > into
      > > the subconscious & eradicates negetivities from there, so that
      it
      > has
      > > lasting effect?
      > >
      > > =calls not for blind faith in any particular deity or mantra or
      > guru
      > > but allows liberty to try & leave uncursed if not benefited for
      > > whatever reason ?
      > >
      > > No system appears passing this test. That's why though everybody
      > wants
      > > peace of mind, it's at large. what u think ?
      > >
      > > rushikant.
      medit8ionsociety
      > > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > > > "We don't see ourselves as God because we never see
      ourselves.
      > I'd
      > > > like to ask you a question. Do you all have a face? If you
      have a
      > > > face, have you seen it? No, not directly. You only see the
      > reflection.
      > > > If I break the mirror with a hammer and it goes into pieces,
      has
      > your
      > > > face gone into pieces? Will you run to your doctor? No,
      because
      > you
      > > > know it is the mirror that has a problem, not your face. What
      does
      > > > that mean? To see the true reflection of your face what do you
      > need? A
      > > > good mirror, a clean mirror, not a crooked or broken mirror.
      In

      Message 32 of 32 , Jan 3, 2009
        What Makes You Beautiful?

        "The more you worry about your weight,
        the more sick you become. The worry itself
        causes increase in weight because many
        people eat a lot when they worry. The more
        you think of weight, the more weight you
        will have. As you think, so you become.
        Worry is the most dangerous disease. Keep
        the mind healthy always. If someone doesn't
        want to like you because of your weight, that
        person is interested only in your flesh, not
        in your qualities. What will make a person
        beautiful? The beauty of wisdom that dawns
        through tranquility of mind. We have enough
        troubles and worries. Yogis should not be
        bothered with weight issues. Let us think
        of more important things in life that could
        bring peace, joy and harmony.

        For more by and about Swamiji:
        http://yogaville.org/