RELIGION (rom the book REALITY AT DAWN by RAMCHANDRA )

  • subhash naik
    Message 1 of 1 , May 24, 2005
      Worship of gods and deities in various forms is a crude development
      of the
      same Sakar theory.Worship of every power of nature and even of
      mountains,rivers and trees is a further degradation of the same
      view.What a
      pity ! Instead of worshipping the Master, we are worshipping the
      servants
      ignoring the Master, entirely and we are not prepared to hear even a
      word
      against our set prejudices .The result is that today we find so many
      sects and
      creeds,each worshipping its own god or godess in its own particular
      way.
      Evidently the goal before their eye is not even liberation but in
      most cases
      deliverance from some particular form of misery or some material
      gain.People
      are driven to such forms of worship either by the force of
      circumstances or
      through the faulty guidance of those who are themselves quite in dark
      in the
      matters of Self-realisation.Lord Krishna has made it clear in the
      Gita that
      worship of gods may lead you at the most to their sphere only,which
      is a
      limited one and far below the point of liberation.They themselves
      have no
      capacity to go beyond. The approach of their devotees beyond this
      point
      is,therefore,out of question.Thus it is evident that these gods and
      deities are of
      no avail to us if we really aim at Reality.I have illustrated the
      point more
      clearly in my book EFFICACY OF RAJA YOGA.