RELIGION

  • subhash naik
    Message 1 of 1 , May 20 11:42 PM
      There are various conceptions of God.People look upon Him differently
      according to their capacity and understanding.The most commonly
      accepted
      conception of God is Eternal Power.But the philosophic view goes much
      beyond and includes the idea of Nirguna Brahma or Indeterminate
      Absolute
      which is above all multiplicity and distinctions.It is the ultimate
      cause and
      substratum of existence,the supra active Centre of the entire
      manifestation or
      the Absolute Base.It is beyond quality,activity,or consciousness.It
      is also
      known as Para Brahma.Next comes the idea of God as Supreme
      existence.We see the universe with all its diversities and
      differentiations and
      we are led to believe in its creator and controller.We call him
      Ishwar or
      Saguna Brahma (Determinate Absolute).We think of Him as a formless
      Eternal Existence which is Omnipotent and Omniscient and possesses
      all the
      finest attributes.He is the efficient cause of the world and He is
      also its
      preserver and destroyer.It is only when viewed from this lower
      standpoint that
      God (As the God of religion) becomes an object of worship.This is the
      final
      approach of almost all the religions.So far,God is conceived of as
      Nirakar or
      formless,but possessing of certain attributes.This is in itself a
      difficult idea for
      the common folk to grasp.They therefore,try to secure an easier
      approach by
      taking up to a more tangible form.Some,therefore,think of Him as
      seated on
      the highest,Heaven administering justice and benevolence to
      all.Others think
      of Him as an all-pervading power controlling the Universe.Thus by
      degrees
      we are in a way gradually drifting away from the Nirakar or formless
      aspect to
      some tangible form of Sakar,but really both the conceptions,as
      generally
      understood,are greatly misleading.Really God is nither Nirakar nor
      Sakar but
      beyond both.(CONT.)