Re: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Another aspect

  • de la rouviere
    Message 1 of 6 , May 20, 2005
      Dear Bob,

      Thanks for your comments.

      I was hoping that the work I post here might elicit some interesting conversation and further exploration of the subject matter I present.

      About my book, allow me just to say that I wrote the thing not because I believe I will make one cent from the proceeds of sales (I self-published and this costs a private individual a considerable amount of money)  but because I believe I have very specific and necessary message to share with others.  As my work covers the entire spectrum of inner human enquiry, including its transcendent potential, I find it rather difficult everytime to explain the whole story about a particular subject and rather refer people to my book as most of the subjects raised on these lists are covered there.

      Would you prefer me not to cross post from my group, even if I regard the material in these posts to be of intrinsic value to the enquiry here? I can assure you only good was intended.  However, I will be more than happy to refrain from doing so if this is not appreciated or generally frowned upon.

      Please let me know your thoughts.

      Hand in hand,
      Moller de la Rouviere

      Message 2 of 6 , May 21, 2005
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "de la rouviere"
        <mollerdlr@t...> wrote:
        > Dear Bob,
        >
        > Thanks for your comments.
        >
        > I was hoping that the work I post here might elicit some interesting
        conversation and further exploration of the subject matter I present.

        > About my book, allow me just to say that I wrote the thing not
        because I believe I will make one cent from the proceeds of sales (I
        self-published and this costs a private individual a considerable
        amount of money) but because I believe I have very specific and
        necessary message to share with others. As my work covers the entire
        spectrum of inner human enquiry, including its transcendent potential,
        I find it rather difficult everytime to explain the whole story about
        a particular subject and rather refer people to my book as most of the
        subjects raised on these lists are covered there.

        > Would you prefer me not to cross post from my group, even if I
        regard the material in these posts to be of intrinsic value to the
        enquiry here? I can assure you only good was intended. However, I
        will be more than happy to refrain from doing so if this is not
        appreciated or generally frowned upon.

        > Please let me know your thoughts.
        >
        > Hand in hand,
        > Moller de la Rouviere

        Dear Moller,
        I enjoy your posts, and hope you will
        continue sharing them here, but the
        (every time including above) mentions of
        your book have the aroma of self promotion,
        and I think what you are really intend to promote
        is Self, not self. Your post's content does ring
        true and can stand well without your pointing
        to your group or the book. Could you find a way
        to post the content without those references?
        I assure you that there are many here who will
        benefit and enjoy the posts without a "He's
        just trying to troll for followers and sell books"
        potential feel to them. I suggest just ending the
        posts with the URL's for your site and the group
        and let people go from there. In any event, I wish
        you well.
      • de la rouviere
        Message 3 of 6 , May 21, 2005
          Dear Bob,

          Thanks again for replying and explaining your position to me.  Needless to say, I will accommodate your wishes on this matter.

          You mentioned something which I feel just needs some clarification from my side:

          Bob:

           Could you find a way
          to post the content without those references?
          I assure you that there are many here who will
          benefit and enjoy the posts without a "He's
          just trying to troll for followers and sell books"
          potential feel to them.

          (M)
          If anyone thinks I am remotely interested in 'followers', let me make this absolutely clear:  My only interest in the work I share is to sensitize others to things that have become clear for me.  J. Krishnamurti once said: 'To follow anyone is to stop following truth'. My only interest is that others may read my message, give it their open-minded and open-hearted consideration and to experiment with it for themselves if they are so inclined.  Any enquiry into the human condition is simply too serious and of such immense potential value, that following one another, as has happened for thousands of years with the traditions of religious and spiritual dogmas, would be to perpetuate an error humankind can no longer afford. The problems of division and fragmentation in which we find ourselves stand as evidence to our uninspected ways of following all forms of religious and mystical traditions, social indoctrination and emotional and mental conditioning.

          What may set us free from these is a healthy scepticism and an open-hearted spirit of enquiry so that we can investigate matters for ourselves and refrain from repeating all the slogans of presumed ancient wisdom as though these represent the only truth to life. Our problems are humanly created, and can only be solved by us as human beings.  How we go about doing this, is for me one of the pivotal tasks of meditation and self-enquiry.

          hand in hand,
          Moller de la Rouviere
        • Bruce Morgen
          Message 4 of 6 , May 21, 2005
            Moller, I'm sure Bob wasn't
            doubting the purity of your
            intent -- he was simply
            pointing out an aspect of
            your posting m.o. that might
            lead other readers to doubt
            it. All are well served by
            your decision to abide by
            his suggestions imo.

            Much love -- Bruce
          • de la rouviere
            Message 5 of 6 , May 21, 2005
              Thanks Bruce, I appreciate your comments.

               From my side, I also never doubted the well meaning advice coming from Bob. I just felt I needed to clarify one or two points he raised.

              Hand in hand,
              Moller.
              Message 6 of 6 , May 22, 2005