How vipassana helped

  • rushi_kant
    Message 1 of 1 , May 20, 2005
      We, I & my wife, r vipassana meditators now for more than a decade.

      What attracted us to it was ;

      it has no Gurudom, no philosophy,no rituals,no recitations,
      no deity, no idol, no worshipping, no prayers, no begging, no
      dreaming, no visualization, no temptations, no promises, no hidden
      threats, no call for blind faith; ( & why to mention, no charges
      whatsoever !); just an opportunity to work as hard as u can with yr
      own mind; it only gives out a tested method how to go abt it, called
      meditation.

      It throws u unto yrself , cut-off from the entire world, for 10 days
      with strict self-discipline, absolute silence(mauna),no
      communication with anybody, compelled to enjoy exclusively yr own
      company !

      And what results we got ? Mind remains calm & composed, without any
      conscious efforts. Negativities like anger, resentments, fire of
      constant desiring , restlessness & many others have rooted out,
      yielding place to positivities. Mind has settled in peace &
      equanimity, unperturbed by the onslaughts of pains & pleasures.
      Unbelievable ? Yes, it's the result of persistent, arduous , patient
      efforts the vipassana way.

      If a God exists, He should be pleased to see what our existence has
      transformed into !

      And there are many others who have benefited like us. We donot know
      of a life ere or next, but this very life has become innerly
      blissful with no apparent difference outwardly.

      You have an invitation to have this wonderful experience of being
      with the self, once, & you will not like to miss it for your
      lifetime.

      May all beings be happy, be peaceful, be liberated from self-created
      miseries !