RELIGION (from the book Reality at Dawn by RAMCHANDRA)

  • subhash naik
    Message 1 of 1 , May 19, 2005
      Prejudice is the greatest evil,rather the deadliest poison to
      spiritual life.It
      keeps one confined to himself,losing all access to a broader
      vision.It creats
      narrow-mindedness and all prospects of development and progress are
      lost
      to those who pin their souls to it .Prejudice breeds hatred towards
      others and
      it is nothing but a feeling of false-superiority in a disguised
      form.If you nurture
      this evil,you thereby add one more link to the existing chain of
      egoism.Consequently you remain farther away from reality.The
      realisation of
      the Limitless thus becomes an impossibility.Universal love,the very
      fundamental basis of religion having disappeared altogether,the
      reliogion
      which was generally considered to be a link between man and God,has
      now
      become a barrier instead.If we keep ourselves bound fast to a
      particular form
      or practice without a clear idea of its real significance and final
      approach,we
      are probably committing the grteatest blunder.God is not to be found
      within
      the fold of a particular religion or sect.He is not confined within
      certain forms
      or rituals,nor is He to be traced out from within the scriptures.Him
      we have to
      seek for in the innermost core of our heart. (CONT.)