Re: Gurus

    Message 1 of 8 , May 13, 2005
      <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:
      > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jodyrrr"
      > > <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:
      > > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Belyea"
      > > >
      > > > You betcha!
      > > >
      > > > Check out this guy:
      > > >
      > > > http://guruphiliac.blogspot.com/2005/05/guru-superstar-rising.html
      > >
      > > Yo Papajeff and Sri Jodiji,
      > > I guess that this guru and his Bollywood babe are having fun, but I
      > > just got this email about a guru who doesn't seem to want anybody to
      > > have fun (check out his Code of Discipline on his site). Enjoy!
      >
      > Hey Bob.
      >
      > Personally, I'm ok with the vipassana folks. My brother and
      > a number of close friends have been on several of these 10-dayers,
      > and they all swear by them.
      >
      > I think for the duration of the exercise, folks can abide by
      > those rules. As long as the rules expire when the retreat is
      > over.
      >
      > And it's free! If someone asks me about meditation, I tell
      > them about these guys. If you make it through the 10 days
      > of constant meditation and silence, you've hit the ground
      > running by the time it's over.
      >
      > --jody.
      >

      > > Subject: Vispassana meditation
      > >
      > > It's surprising yr list of 108 meditation technics does not include
      > > 'Vipassana' meditation. It's getting so fast popular! It's offered by
      > > more than 100 centers all over the world, including 6 centres in the
      > > US. Pl visit its website www.dhamma.org to know more. Thank u.
      > >
      > > --
      > > MAY ALL BEINGS BE HAPPY, BE PEACEFUL & BE LIBERATED FROM MISERY.

      Yo Jodiji,
      If they're OK with you, they're OK! BUT I am still impressed with the
      quantity of "have to do's" just to be allowed to apply for their 10
      day course. And I'd say that makes this the least "free" Vispassana
      meditation instruction happening.
      And besides, here's another one that came today via email that makes
      all other offerings needless. It's our chance to get next to the
      Avatar of the age. Krishna, Jesus, and Buddha all rolled into one Lord
      of all.

      Subject: Universal Religion
      Dear Sir/Madam

      We are happy to note that you are a spiritual aspirant and in search
      of knowledge.

      Our Sadguru H.H. Sri Datta Swami is preaching Jnana (Knowledge) as per
      the Vedas and Gita. His goal and endeavour is to unite all the
      religions of the world into one, as all of them contain and spread the
      same message in different forms.

      We are forwarding few questions asked by devotees and the answers
      provided
      by Sri Datta Swami.

      You may also please send your questions/enquiries to the following
      email id's

      sridatta1@...
      dattaswami2000@...

      Please visit our website www.universal-spirituality.org

      Thanking you,

      Yours faithfully,

      I remain in the service of Datta

      For Datta Jnana Prachara Parishat

      G.Lakshman
      Devotee

      UNIVERSAL RELIGION – PART I

      By Swami.

      If you say that your religion is the only path to God and that
      other paths lead to hell, I have one humble question to you. The
      question is for every religion without any trace of partiality. The
      simple question is : Today I have heard your Religion and if I follow
      that, I reach God and if I refuse I will go to the hell for my own
      fault. This is very much reasonable. But before your ancestors
      discovered our country, the literature or even the name of your
      religion was not known to our ancestor and he could not reach God for
      no fault of him. But your ancestor reached God through your religion
      at that time. Even if I assume that my ancestor will take rebirth now
      and will follow your religion to reach God, such possibility is ruled
      out because you say that there is no rebirth for the soul. Thus my
      ancestor sufferred forever for no fault of him and the responsibility
      for this falls on the partiality of God. Had the God been impartial,
      He could have revealed your religion to all the countries at a time.
      Had that happened, my ancestor might have also reached God as your
      ancestor. Therefore your statement proves your own God partial.

      The only way left over to you to make your God impartial is that
      you must accept that your God appeared in all the countries at a time
      in various forms and preached your path in various languages. The
      same form did not appear everywhere and the same language does not
      exist everywhere. The syllabus and explanation are one and the same,
      though the media and teachers are different. Can you give any
      alternative reasonable answer to my question other than this?
      Certainly not! Any person of any religion to any other religion can
      pose this question.

      Moreover every religion states that their God only created this
      world. Unfortunately this world is one only and every God cannot
      create the same world. There are no many worlds to justify that each
      God created His own world. Therefore any human being with an iota of
      commonsense has to agree that there is only one impartial God who
      created this one world and He came in different forms to different
      countries and preached the same path in all the languages
      simultaneously at one time.

      Let this logic sword of the divine knowledge cut the rigid
      conservatism of the religious fans in this world to establish the
      Universal Peace. I need not beg all these religious followers to be
      united and harmonious to each other for the sake of world peace. Such
      begging appeals are made enough in the past. The religious fans feel
      that there is no unity really in the religions but they have to be
      united since their kind hearts melted by these appeals. Thus a
      temporary change was only brought. At the maximum one generation of
      the followers got united. The next generation fights with each other
      because they feel that there is no real unity in them due to lack of
      the real unity in their religious scriptures. A permanent solution
      for this does not lie in the begging appleas, which may or may not
      unite the followers. Even if the appeals unite such unity is not
      permanent. If the real unity in all the religious scriptures is
      exposed through the logical divine knowledge, the followers have to be
      united for generations together. Therefore, My attack is not on the
      hearts of the followers through love and kindness. My attack is on
      all the religious scriptures through intellectual logical analysis of
      divine knowledge. The unity of hearts through love can be only
      temporary. The unity of brains through intellectual analytical divine
      knowledge will be permanent. Hearts agree but brains realize.
      Agreement is temporary, but realization is permanent. Thus this is My
      first blow of My divine caunch shell for the permanent unity of all
      the religions aiming at eternal Universal Peace.