Re: Gurus

  • jodyrrr
    Message 1 of 8 , May 13, 2005
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:
      > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Belyea"
      > > <jeff@m...> wrote:
      > > > Gurus just what to have fun.
      > >
      > > You betcha!
      > >
      > > Check out this guy:
      > >
      > > http://guruphiliac.blogspot.com/2005/05/guru-superstar-rising.html
      >
      > Yo Papajeff and Sri Jodiji,
      > I guess that this guru and his Bollywood babe are having fun, but I
      > just got this email about a guru who doesn't seem to want anybody to
      > have fun (check out his Code of Discipline on his site). Enjoy!

      Hey Bob.

      Personally, I'm ok with the vipassana folks. My brother and
      a number of close friends have been on several of these 10-dayers,
      and they all swear by them.

      I think for the duration of the exercise, folks can abide by
      those rules. As long as the rules expire when the retreat is
      over.

      And it's free! If someone asks me about meditation, I tell
      them about these guys. If you make it through the 10 days
      of constant meditation and silence, you've hit the ground
      running by the time it's over.

      --jody.

      Message 2 of 8 , May 13, 2005
        <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:
        > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jodyrrr"
        > > <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:
        > > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Belyea"
        > > >
        > > > You betcha!
        > > >
        > > > Check out this guy:
        > > >
        > > > http://guruphiliac.blogspot.com/2005/05/guru-superstar-rising.html
        > >
        > > Yo Papajeff and Sri Jodiji,
        > > I guess that this guru and his Bollywood babe are having fun, but I
        > > just got this email about a guru who doesn't seem to want anybody to
        > > have fun (check out his Code of Discipline on his site). Enjoy!
        >
        > Hey Bob.
        >
        > Personally, I'm ok with the vipassana folks. My brother and
        > a number of close friends have been on several of these 10-dayers,
        > and they all swear by them.
        >
        > I think for the duration of the exercise, folks can abide by
        > those rules. As long as the rules expire when the retreat is
        > over.
        >
        > And it's free! If someone asks me about meditation, I tell
        > them about these guys. If you make it through the 10 days
        > of constant meditation and silence, you've hit the ground
        > running by the time it's over.
        >
        > --jody.
        >

        > > Subject: Vispassana meditation
        > >
        > > It's surprising yr list of 108 meditation technics does not include
        > > 'Vipassana' meditation. It's getting so fast popular! It's offered by
        > > more than 100 centers all over the world, including 6 centres in the
        > > US. Pl visit its website www.dhamma.org to know more. Thank u.
        > >
        > > --
        > > MAY ALL BEINGS BE HAPPY, BE PEACEFUL & BE LIBERATED FROM MISERY.

        Yo Jodiji,
        If they're OK with you, they're OK! BUT I am still impressed with the
        quantity of "have to do's" just to be allowed to apply for their 10
        day course. And I'd say that makes this the least "free" Vispassana
        meditation instruction happening.
        And besides, here's another one that came today via email that makes
        all other offerings needless. It's our chance to get next to the
        Avatar of the age. Krishna, Jesus, and Buddha all rolled into one Lord
        of all.

        Subject: Universal Religion
        Dear Sir/Madam

        We are happy to note that you are a spiritual aspirant and in search
        of knowledge.

        Our Sadguru H.H. Sri Datta Swami is preaching Jnana (Knowledge) as per
        the Vedas and Gita. His goal and endeavour is to unite all the
        religions of the world into one, as all of them contain and spread the
        same message in different forms.

        We are forwarding few questions asked by devotees and the answers
        provided
        by Sri Datta Swami.

        You may also please send your questions/enquiries to the following
        email id's

        sridatta1@...
        dattaswami2000@...

        Please visit our website www.universal-spirituality.org

        Thanking you,

        Yours faithfully,

        I remain in the service of Datta

        For Datta Jnana Prachara Parishat

        G.Lakshman
        Devotee

        UNIVERSAL RELIGION – PART I

        By Swami.

        If you say that your religion is the only path to God and that
        other paths lead to hell, I have one humble question to you. The
        question is for every religion without any trace of partiality. The
        simple question is : Today I have heard your Religion and if I follow
        that, I reach God and if I refuse I will go to the hell for my own
        fault. This is very much reasonable. But before your ancestors
        discovered our country, the literature or even the name of your
        religion was not known to our ancestor and he could not reach God for
        no fault of him. But your ancestor reached God through your religion
        at that time. Even if I assume that my ancestor will take rebirth now
        and will follow your religion to reach God, such possibility is ruled
        out because you say that there is no rebirth for the soul. Thus my
        ancestor sufferred forever for no fault of him and the responsibility
        for this falls on the partiality of God. Had the God been impartial,
        He could have revealed your religion to all the countries at a time.
        Had that happened, my ancestor might have also reached God as your
        ancestor. Therefore your statement proves your own God partial.

        The only way left over to you to make your God impartial is that
        you must accept that your God appeared in all the countries at a time
        in various forms and preached your path in various languages. The
        same form did not appear everywhere and the same language does not
        exist everywhere. The syllabus and explanation are one and the same,
        though the media and teachers are different. Can you give any
        alternative reasonable answer to my question other than this?
        Certainly not! Any person of any religion to any other religion can
        pose this question.

        Moreover every religion states that their God only created this
        world. Unfortunately this world is one only and every God cannot
        create the same world. There are no many worlds to justify that each
        God created His own world. Therefore any human being with an iota of
        commonsense has to agree that there is only one impartial God who
        created this one world and He came in different forms to different
        countries and preached the same path in all the languages
        simultaneously at one time.

        Let this logic sword of the divine knowledge cut the rigid
        conservatism of the religious fans in this world to establish the
        Universal Peace. I need not beg all these religious followers to be
        united and harmonious to each other for the sake of world peace. Such
        begging appeals are made enough in the past. The religious fans feel
        that there is no unity really in the religions but they have to be
        united since their kind hearts melted by these appeals. Thus a
        temporary change was only brought. At the maximum one generation of
        the followers got united. The next generation fights with each other
        because they feel that there is no real unity in them due to lack of
        the real unity in their religious scriptures. A permanent solution
        for this does not lie in the begging appleas, which may or may not
        unite the followers. Even if the appeals unite such unity is not
        permanent. If the real unity in all the religious scriptures is
        exposed through the logical divine knowledge, the followers have to be
        united for generations together. Therefore, My attack is not on the
        hearts of the followers through love and kindness. My attack is on
        all the religious scriptures through intellectual logical analysis of
        divine knowledge. The unity of hearts through love can be only
        temporary. The unity of brains through intellectual analytical divine
        knowledge will be permanent. Hearts agree but brains realize.
        Agreement is temporary, but realization is permanent. Thus this is My
        first blow of My divine caunch shell for the permanent unity of all
        the religions aiming at eternal Universal Peace.