Re: Gurus

  • jodyrrr
    Message 1 of 8 , May 13, 2005
      <jeff@m...> wrote:
      > Gurus just what to have fun.

      You betcha!

      Check out this guy:

      http://guruphiliac.blogspot.com/2005/05/guru-superstar-rising.html
      Message 2 of 8 , May 13, 2005
        <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:
        > <jeff@m...> wrote:
        > > Gurus just what to have fun.
        >
        > You betcha!
        >
        > Check out this guy:
        >
        > http://guruphiliac.blogspot.com/2005/05/guru-superstar-rising.html

        Yo Papajeff and Sri Jodiji,
        I guess that this guru and his Bollywood babe are having fun, but I
        just got this email about a guru who doesn't seem to want anybody to
        have fun (check out his Code of Discipline on his site). Enjoy!

        Subject: Vispassana meditation

        It's surprising yr list of 108 meditation technics does not include
        'Vipassana' meditation. It's getting so fast popular! It's offered by
        more than 100 centers all over the world, including 6 centres in the
        US. Pl visit its website www.dhamma.org to know more. Thank u.

        --
        MAY ALL BEINGS BE HAPPY, BE PEACEFUL & BE LIBERATED FROM MISERY.
      • jodyrrr
        Message 3 of 8 , May 13, 2005
          <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:
          > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Belyea"
          > > <jeff@m...> wrote:
          > > > Gurus just what to have fun.
          > >
          > > You betcha!
          > >
          > > Check out this guy:
          > >
          > > http://guruphiliac.blogspot.com/2005/05/guru-superstar-rising.html
          >
          > Yo Papajeff and Sri Jodiji,
          > I guess that this guru and his Bollywood babe are having fun, but I
          > just got this email about a guru who doesn't seem to want anybody to
          > have fun (check out his Code of Discipline on his site). Enjoy!

          Hey Bob.

          Personally, I'm ok with the vipassana folks. My brother and
          a number of close friends have been on several of these 10-dayers,
          and they all swear by them.

          I think for the duration of the exercise, folks can abide by
          those rules. As long as the rules expire when the retreat is
          over.

          And it's free! If someone asks me about meditation, I tell
          them about these guys. If you make it through the 10 days
          of constant meditation and silence, you've hit the ground
          running by the time it's over.

          --jody.

          Message 4 of 8 , May 13, 2005
            <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:
            > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
            > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jodyrrr"
            > > <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:
            > > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Belyea"
            > > >
            > > > You betcha!
            > > >
            > > > Check out this guy:
            > > >
            > > > http://guruphiliac.blogspot.com/2005/05/guru-superstar-rising.html
            > >
            > > Yo Papajeff and Sri Jodiji,
            > > I guess that this guru and his Bollywood babe are having fun, but I
            > > just got this email about a guru who doesn't seem to want anybody to
            > > have fun (check out his Code of Discipline on his site). Enjoy!
            >
            > Hey Bob.
            >
            > Personally, I'm ok with the vipassana folks. My brother and
            > a number of close friends have been on several of these 10-dayers,
            > and they all swear by them.
            >
            > I think for the duration of the exercise, folks can abide by
            > those rules. As long as the rules expire when the retreat is
            > over.
            >
            > And it's free! If someone asks me about meditation, I tell
            > them about these guys. If you make it through the 10 days
            > of constant meditation and silence, you've hit the ground
            > running by the time it's over.
            >
            > --jody.
            >

            > > Subject: Vispassana meditation
            > >
            > > It's surprising yr list of 108 meditation technics does not include
            > > 'Vipassana' meditation. It's getting so fast popular! It's offered by
            > > more than 100 centers all over the world, including 6 centres in the
            > > US. Pl visit its website www.dhamma.org to know more. Thank u.
            > >
            > > --
            > > MAY ALL BEINGS BE HAPPY, BE PEACEFUL & BE LIBERATED FROM MISERY.

            Yo Jodiji,
            If they're OK with you, they're OK! BUT I am still impressed with the
            quantity of "have to do's" just to be allowed to apply for their 10
            day course. And I'd say that makes this the least "free" Vispassana
            meditation instruction happening.
            And besides, here's another one that came today via email that makes
            all other offerings needless. It's our chance to get next to the
            Avatar of the age. Krishna, Jesus, and Buddha all rolled into one Lord
            of all.

            Subject: Universal Religion
            Dear Sir/Madam

            We are happy to note that you are a spiritual aspirant and in search
            of knowledge.

            Our Sadguru H.H. Sri Datta Swami is preaching Jnana (Knowledge) as per
            the Vedas and Gita. His goal and endeavour is to unite all the
            religions of the world into one, as all of them contain and spread the
            same message in different forms.

            We are forwarding few questions asked by devotees and the answers
            provided
            by Sri Datta Swami.

            You may also please send your questions/enquiries to the following
            email id's

            sridatta1@...
            dattaswami2000@...

            Please visit our website www.universal-spirituality.org

            Thanking you,

            Yours faithfully,

            I remain in the service of Datta

            For Datta Jnana Prachara Parishat

            G.Lakshman
            Devotee

            UNIVERSAL RELIGION – PART I

            By Swami.

            If you say that your religion is the only path to God and that
            other paths lead to hell, I have one humble question to you. The
            question is for every religion without any trace of partiality. The
            simple question is : Today I have heard your Religion and if I follow
            that, I reach God and if I refuse I will go to the hell for my own
            fault. This is very much reasonable. But before your ancestors
            discovered our country, the literature or even the name of your
            religion was not known to our ancestor and he could not reach God for
            no fault of him. But your ancestor reached God through your religion
            at that time. Even if I assume that my ancestor will take rebirth now
            and will follow your religion to reach God, such possibility is ruled
            out because you say that there is no rebirth for the soul. Thus my
            ancestor sufferred forever for no fault of him and the responsibility
            for this falls on the partiality of God. Had the God been impartial,
            He could have revealed your religion to all the countries at a time.
            Had that happened, my ancestor might have also reached God as your
            ancestor. Therefore your statement proves your own God partial.

            The only way left over to you to make your God impartial is that
            you must accept that your God appeared in all the countries at a time
            in various forms and preached your path in various languages. The
            same form did not appear everywhere and the same language does not
            exist everywhere. The syllabus and explanation are one and the same,
            though the media and teachers are different. Can you give any
            alternative reasonable answer to my question other than this?
            Certainly not! Any person of any religion to any other religion can
            pose this question.

            Moreover every religion states that their God only created this
            world. Unfortunately this world is one only and every God cannot
            create the same world. There are no many worlds to justify that each
            God created His own world. Therefore any human being with an iota of
            commonsense has to agree that there is only one impartial God who
            created this one world and He came in different forms to different
            countries and preached the same path in all the languages
            simultaneously at one time.

            Let this logic sword of the divine knowledge cut the rigid
            conservatism of the religious fans in this world to establish the
            Universal Peace. I need not beg all these religious followers to be
            united and harmonious to each other for the sake of world peace. Such
            begging appeals are made enough in the past. The religious fans feel
            that there is no unity really in the religions but they have to be
            united since their kind hearts melted by these appeals. Thus a
            temporary change was only brought. At the maximum one generation of
            the followers got united. The next generation fights with each other
            because they feel that there is no real unity in them due to lack of
            the real unity in their religious scriptures. A permanent solution
            for this does not lie in the begging appleas, which may or may not
            unite the followers. Even if the appeals unite such unity is not
            permanent. If the real unity in all the religious scriptures is
            exposed through the logical divine knowledge, the followers have to be
            united for generations together. Therefore, My attack is not on the
            hearts of the followers through love and kindness. My attack is on
            all the religious scriptures through intellectual logical analysis of
            divine knowledge. The unity of hearts through love can be only
            temporary. The unity of brains through intellectual analytical divine
            knowledge will be permanent. Hearts agree but brains realize.
            Agreement is temporary, but realization is permanent. Thus this is My
            first blow of My divine caunch shell for the permanent unity of all
            the religions aiming at eternal Universal Peace.