WHAT IS MEDITATION ?

  • subhash naik
    Message 1 of 2 , May 12, 2005
      Meditation is the ancient art of inner contemplation of focusing the
      mind in
      order to reach the true inner self.The word meditation is derived
      from its Latin
      root,medite which means to rest on one idea or thought.

      We become that on which we meditate.In other words,we acquire the
      nature,quality or condition of the object which we meditate.Many
      kinds of
      meditation with different objects and intentions exist in the modern
      world.Some of these claim to be new,some very old.At some level,most
      of
      them are related to the ancient Indian science of yoga.
    • Jeff Belyea
      Message 2 of 2 , May 12, 2005
        Thanks. Just one note.

        Meditation can and does