Journal Entry-Eve, November 20 - Eve

  • tosime
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 22, 2002
      Hi Eve,

      Thanks for such a beautiful journal entry. I really enjoyed your
      recollection of the holographic image - it was touching.

      How did it feel when the image changed between the willow tree and your
      room? Was it you doing the shifting or was it out of your control? Has this
      happened before? Was there any connection with you as a kid looking at that
      book?

      ...Tony

      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 23, 2002
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@y..., "tosime" <tosime@b...> wrote:
        > Hi Eve,
        >
        > Thanks for such a beautiful journal entry. I really enjoyed your
        > recollection of the holographic image - it was touching.
        >
        > How did it feel when the image changed between the willow tree and
        your
        > room? Was it you doing the shifting or was it out of your control?
        >
        > ...Tony

        Hi Tony,
        I don't recall noticing a difference in how I felt when the image
        would change. At first, the double image just happened, but then I
        would consciously do it. I found it helpful in keeping my awareness
        in the room. I feel it's a good idea to keep some awareness of my
        environment when I am meditating because I think it may help when
        trying to experince a meditative awareness throughout the day. I
        don't know if this is actually true or not, just seems right to me.

        >Has this happened before? Was there any connection with you as a kid
        >looking at that book?

        This was the first time this happened. There wasn't any connection
        with being a kid. I just mentioned it to help describe the image,
        thinking maybe someone else had one of those books too.

        Eve