[Meditation Society of America] Re: A Meditation on Spinach

  • Jeff Belyea
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 17, 2005
      Thanks, Sandeep -

      Nice rupies, yup.
      I mean, yip.

      Jeff

      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Sandeep"
      <sandeep1960@y...> wrote:
      > Hello Jeff,
      >
      > Some two rupees...

      > <jeff@m...> wrote:
      > >

      > > And, if the seeker of self
      > > already knew that he or she
      > > was the self (Self)he wouldn't
      > > be seeking.
      > >
      > > But (before enlightenment)
      > > we think, therefore,
      > > we seek.
      >
      > So long a prevailing belief exists that there is a "we" or a "me"
      which thinks the arising thought in the moment, ..

      > ...so long FOR THIS sense of belief, .....would exist an event
      (labeled enlightenment) to happen in time.

      > And thus for that prevailing sense of belief.......would exist
      a "before" the event and an "after" the event.

      > And for this prevailing belief..which is nothing but the sense of
      entitification...it is an eternal rainbow chase.

      > Why eternal ranibow chase?
      >
      > Because the very presence of the sense of entitification
      (notional no doubt) ......is the obscuring of the pot of gold at
      rainbows end.(the obscuring again notional)

      > The chase is like stamping on your own shadow to erase its
      infernal presence.

      > The more you stamp, the more the energy of the stamped shadow.
      >

      > Sure in this chase there are the exotic and erotic, profound and
      profane experiences......

      > .....again such experiences being "experience"(s) with the added
      judgement on the profoundness of the experience......only FOR that
      sense of belief.....

      > ...such that....the sense of belief which is nothing but the
      sense of entitification,.....the "ME"....even starts noticing the
      subtle and then the not-so subtle spiritual halo around it.

      > At the same time, in phenomenality.........there are the
      eventings of what is popularly know as "meditating", "Bhakti-
      devotion", "who am i- muttering-self-enquiry".........et al.

      > So what is nature of these "eventings".
      >
      > Nothing special, nothing different to an eventing ........say of
      a blue assed dog peeing on red colur hydrant.

      > Both reek of the same divinity in exactly the same measure.
      >
      > In one, there is a completion in the voiding of the canine
      bladder and the enlightened-dog-not-aware-of it's-
      enlightenment.......walks away, wagging its muldhara chakra.

      > In other there may be an associated sense of ownership, which is
      nothing but the sense of entitification ....

      > ....which invests in the functioning of the moment, ..
      >
      > ...and thus to that sense of the entity,..
      >
      > ...the particular functioning in that momnent......... means
      something,....aka a ladder towards a self-conceived goal of some
      thingy called enlightenment.

      > Now that prevailing sense of entitification............is also a
      play of the same, which plays all the plays.......in simultaneous
      time.

      > So a sense of seeking, whether it is for the next hydrant, or a
      bottle of dark Rum or enlightenment......

      > ........all are specific expressionings of the inexpressible.(To
      use a conceptual term)