Re: [Meditation Society of America] Re: A Meditation on Spinach

  • Sandeep
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 15, 2005
      Hello Jeff,

      Some two rupees...

      <jeff@m...> wrote:

      > And, if the seeker of self
      > already knew that he or she
      > was the self (Self)he wouldn't
      > be seeking.
      >
      > But (before enlightenment)
      > we think, therefore,
      > we seek.

      So long a prevailing belief exists that there is a "we" or a "me" which thinks the arising thought in the moment, ..

      ...so long FOR THIS sense of belief, .....would exist an event (labeled enlightenment) to happen in time.

      And thus for that prevailing sense of belief.......would exist a "before" the event and an "after" the event.

      And for this prevailing belief..which is nothing but the sense of entitification...it is an eternal rainbow chase.

      Why eternal ranibow chase?

      Because the very presence of the sense of entitification (notional no doubt) ......is the obscuring of the pot of gold at rainbows end.(the obscuring again notional)

      The chase is like stamping on your own shadow to erase its infernal presence.

      The more you stamp, the more the energy of the stamped shadow.

      Sure in this chase there are the exotic and erotic, profound and profane  experiences......

      .....again such experiences being "experience"(s) with the added judgement on the profoundness of the experience......only FOR that sense of belief.....

      ...such that....the sense of belief which is nothing but the sense of entitification,.....the "ME"....even starts noticing the subtle and then the not-so subtle spiritual halo around it.

      At the same time, in phenomenality.........there are the eventings of what is popularly know as "meditating", "Bhakti-devotion", "who am i- muttering-self-enquiry".........et al.

      So what is nature of these "eventings".

      Nothing special, nothing different to an eventing ........say of a blue assed dog peeing on red colur hydrant.

      Both reek of the same divinity in exactly the same measure.

      In one, there is a completion in the voiding of the canine bladder and the enlightened-dog-not-aware-of it's-enlightenment.......walks away, wagging its muldhara chakra.

      In other there may be an associated sense of ownership, which is nothing but the sense of entitification ....

      ....which invests in the functioning of the moment, ..

      ...and thus to that sense of the entity,..

      ...the particular functioning in that momnent......... means something,....aka a ladder towards a self-conceived goal of some thingy called enlightenment.

      Now that prevailing sense of entitification............is also a play of the same, which plays all the plays.......in simultaneous time.

      So a sense of seeking, whether it is for the next hydrant, or a bottle of dark Rum or enlightenment......

      ........all are specific expressionings of the inexpressible.(To use a conceptual term)

    • Jeff Belyea
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 17, 2005
        Thanks, Sandeep -

        Nice rupies, yup.