Re: [Meditation Society of America] Re: Jody

  • Adam West
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 12, 2005
      Dear Jody,

          I would like to suggest to you that you tone it down a bit!  You are being very rude towards Jason, you are making your statements personal and attacking him.  This is NOT reputable academic behavior!  You are giving academics a bad name, not to mention further crystallizing the American stereotype of being a loud mouth, insulting asshole.

          Academics are impersonal, one criticizes one's ideas, their work, one makes arguments and provides sources etc.  One does not name call, insult the person, attack the person, this behavior is very poor and unprofessional.  Your points have been made, now your just repeating them and being disrespectful.  Please give it a rest, it is not personal, don't make it so!

      In kind regards,

      Adam.

    • jogeshwarmahanta
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 12, 2005
        Dear friends,

        Namaskar.
        The first practice of MEDITATIVE TEMPER is ahimsa(non-violence).
        The content and tone of a message reflects to what extent one has
        cultivated MEDITATIVE TEMPER. I think we need to evolve in this
        direction and there is ample room for it. Am I right?

        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Adam West"
        <adamwest1@i...> wrote:
        > Dear Jody,
        >
        > I would like to suggest to you that you tone it down a bit!
        You are being very rude towards Jason, you are making your
        statements personal and attacking him. This is NOT reputable
        academic behavior! You are giving academics a bad name, not to
        mention further crystallizing the American stereotype of being a
        loud mouth, insulting asshole.

        > Academics are impersonal, one criticizes one's ideas, their
        work, one makes arguments and provides sources etc. One does not
        name call, insult the person, attack the person, this behavior is
        very poor and unprofessional. Your points have been made, now your
        just repeating them and being disrespectful. Please give it a rest,
        it is not personal, don't make it so!

        > In kind regards,
        >
        > Adam.
      • jogeshwarmahanta
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 12, 2005

          <adamwest1@i...> wrote:
          > Dear Jody,
          >
          > I would like to suggest to you that you tone it down a bit!
          You are being very rude towards Jason, you are making your
          statements personal and attacking him. This is NOT reputable
          academic behavior! You are giving academics a bad name, not to
          mention further crystallizing the American stereotype of being a
          loud mouth, insulting asshole.

          > Academics are impersonal, one criticizes one's ideas, their
          work, one makes arguments and provides sources etc. One does not
          name call, insult the person, attack the person, this behavior is
          very poor and unprofessional. Your points have been made, now your
          just repeating them and being disrespectful. Please give it a rest,
          it is not personal, don't make it so!

          > In kind regards,
          >
          > Adam.
        • jodyrrr
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 12, 2005
            <adamwest1@i...> wrote:
            > Dear Jody,
            >
            > I would like to suggest to you that you tone it down a bit! You
            are being very rude towards Jason, you are making your statements
            personal and attacking him. This is NOT reputable academic behavior!
            You are giving academics a bad name, not to mention further
            crystallizing the American stereotype of being a loud mouth, insulting
            asshole.

            > Academics are impersonal, one criticizes one's ideas, their
            work, one makes arguments and provides sources etc. One does not name
            call, insult the person, attack the person, this behavior is very poor
            and unprofessional. Your points have been made, now your just
            repeating them and being disrespectful. Please give it a rest, it is
            not personal, don't make it so!

            > In kind regards,
            >
            > Adam.

            Hey Adam.

            I'm not an academic. I'm a person fed up with all
            the mythological nonsense floating around like flotsam
            in spiritual culture.

            My delivery is more intense than some prefer, but that's
            what it is. If you were personally offended, I'm sorry
            about that.

            --jody.
          • jodyrrr
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 12, 2005
              --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "jogeshwarmahanta"
              <jogeshwarmahanta@y...> wrote:

              > Dear friends,
              >

              > Namaskar.
              > The first practice of MEDITATIVE TEMPER is ahimsa(non-violence).
              > The content and tone of a message reflects to what extent one has
              > cultivated MEDITATIVE TEMPER. I think we need to evolve in this
              > direction and there is ample room for it. Am I right?

              Not at all. One can be in full and clear recognition
              of the Self in their lives, and still have a strong
              presentation. I give Vivekananda as an example. His
              debates with the Christian fundamentalists were anything
              but toned down. He was a firey orator who was NOT looking
              to impress anyone with his "meditative temper," which
              is going to be different for each person. In other words,
              one persons meditative temper may be much stronger than another's.

              There is no universal standard for the behavior of self-
              realization.

              That said, there is plenty of room in my personal life for
              improvement. However, I see no reason to tone it down at
              the present moment.

              --jody.

              > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Adam West"
              > <adamwest1@i...> wrote:
              > > Dear Jody,
              > >
              > > I would like to suggest to you that you tone it down a bit!
              > You are being very rude towards Jason, you are making your
              > statements personal and attacking him. This is NOT reputable
              > academic behavior! You are giving academics a bad name, not to
              > mention further crystallizing the American stereotype of being a
              > loud mouth, insulting asshole.
              > >
              > > Academics are impersonal, one criticizes one's ideas, their
              > work, one makes arguments and provides sources etc. One does not
              > name call, insult the person, attack the person, this behavior is
              > very poor and unprofessional. Your points have been made, now your
              > just repeating them and being disrespectful. Please give it a rest,
              > it is not personal, don't make it so!
              > >
              > > In kind regards,
              > >
              > > Adam.
            • suman sk
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 12, 2005
                I think you guys are making others also feel bad about your bouts. Please refrain from attacking each other we are all here to develop ourselves as humans. In even the epic stories GODS have also had bad tempers at times but lets us realise that EGO is the biggest obstacle in spiritual development.I think people's ego is hurt here and donot identify oneself with false EGO.
                OM
                Surendra

                <adamwest1@i...> wrote:
                > Dear Jody,
                >
                >     I would like to suggest to you that you tone it down a bit!  You
                are being very rude towards Jason, you are making your statements
                personal and attacking him.  This is NOT reputable academic behavior!
                You are giving academics a bad name, not to mention further
                crystallizing the American stereotype of being a loud mouth, insulting
                asshole.

                >     Academics are impersonal, one criticizes one's ideas, their
                work, one makes arguments and provides sources etc.  One does not name
                call, insult the person, attack the person, this behavior is very poor
                and unprofessional.  Your points have been made, now your just
                repeating them and being disrespectful.  Please give it a rest, it is
                not personal, don't make it so!

                > In kind regards,
                >
                > Adam.

                Hey Adam.

                I'm not an academic.  I'm a person fed up with all
                the mythological nonsense floating around like flotsam
                in spiritual culture.

                My delivery is more intense than some prefer, but that's
                what it is.  If you were personally offended, I'm sorry
                about that.

                --jody.

                Do you Yahoo!?

              • Adam West
                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 12, 2005
                  Hi Jody,

                      I am not offended at all :-)  I appreciate your frustrations  :-)

                  In kind regards,

                  Adam.
                • jodyrrr
                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 12, 2005
                    --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, suman sk
                    <sumansk@y...> wrote:
                    > I think you guys are making others also feel bad about your bouts.
                    Please refrain from attacking each other we are all here to develop
                    ourselves as humans. In even the epic stories GODS have also had bad
                    tempers at times but lets us realise that EGO is the biggest obstacle
                    in spiritual development.I think people's ego is hurt here and donot
                    identify oneself with false EGO.
                    > OM
                    > Surendra

                    Ego is NOT the boogie-man of spiritual development. Ego
                    is merely the firmware of the human bio-computer. The
                    biggest obstacle to spiritual development is the idea that
                    we must be different than we are in the present moment.

                    The Self is us at all times in all situations. The idea
                    that we must improve to be the Self is false. Improvement
                    is good, that helps us in life. But it doesn't get us
                    any closer to self-realization, which is always right
                    here, closer than our own breath, as if it was sitting
                    on the tips of our noses.

                    --jody.

                    > jodyrrr <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:
                    >
                    > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Adam West"
                    > <adamwest1@i...> wrote:
                    > > Dear Jody,
                    > >
                    > > I would like to suggest to you that you tone it down a bit! You
                    > are being very rude towards Jason, you are making your statements
                    > personal and attacking him. This is NOT reputable academic behavior!
                    > You are giving academics a bad name, not to mention further
                    > crystallizing the American stereotype of being a loud mouth, insulting
                    > asshole.
                    > >
                    > > Academics are impersonal, one criticizes one's ideas, their
                    > work, one makes arguments and provides sources etc. One does not name
                    > call, insult the person, attack the person, this behavior is very poor
                    > and unprofessional. Your points have been made, now your just
                    > repeating them and being disrespectful. Please give it a rest, it is
                    > not personal, don't make it so!
                    > >
                    > > In kind regards,
                    > >
                    > > Adam.
                    >
                    > Hey Adam.
                    >
                    > I'm not an academic. I'm a person fed up with all
                    > the mythological nonsense floating around like flotsam
                    > in spiritual culture.
                    >
                    > My delivery is more intense than some prefer, but that's
                    > what it is. If you were personally offended, I'm sorry
                    > about that.
                    >
                    > --jody.

                  • jodyrrr
                    Message 9 of 9 , Apr 14, 2005
                      <jogeshwarmahanta@y...> wrote:

                      > Dear friends,
                      >

                      > Namaskar.
                      > The first practice of MEDITATIVE TEMPER is ahimsa(non-violence).
                      > The content and tone of a message reflects to what extent one has
                      > cultivated MEDITATIVE TEMPER. I think we need to evolve in this
                      > direction and there is ample room for it. Am I right?

                      Not in my opinion.