Re: A Ramakrishna Bibliography

  • jodyrrr
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 11, 2005
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, jasonjamesmorgan
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:

      > Hello,
      >
      > How is your loving, childlike, pure awareness now?

      Never had that. It's a hagiographic myth. The Self
      cannot be described by ANY term, including loving and
      childlike. You could call it pure, but that "pure"
      has absolutely nothing to do with morality.

      > What does hagiography mean?

      Mythmaking based on the idea of sainthood.

      > Everyone has there critics. Even you.

      I have many. I'm not perfect, just an asshole
      with an opinion.

      However, in the matter of the sexuality of
      Ramakrishna, the opinion I present is well-
      established in the circles of religious
      studies. That it's not in the community
      of devotees is not surprising, but it is
      nonetheless sad for them.