Email Cancer Info request

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 18, 2002
      MY COUSIN IS 21 YEARS OLD. HIS CANCER CAME BACK. HE WAS IN REMISSION
      FOR 3 YEARS AND I THOUGHT MAYBE HE CAN LEARN HOW TO MEDITATE AND MAYBE
      IT CAN HELP HIM THROUGH CHEMOTHERAPY. DO YOU HAVE A SUGGESTION ON WHO
      CAN HELP HIM OR TEACH HIM. PLEASE CONTACT ME ASAP. THANKS!
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 18, 2002
        <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > MY COUSIN IS 21 YEARS OLD. HIS CANCER CAME BACK. HE WAS IN
        REMISSION FOR 3 YEARS AND I THOUGHT MAYBE HE CAN LEARN HOW TO MEDITATE
        AND MAYBE IT CAN HELP HIM THROUGH CHEMOTHERAPY. DO YOU HAVE A
        SUGGESTION ON WHO CAN HELP HIM OR TEACH HIM. PLEASE CONTACT ME ASAP.
        THANKS!

        Here's the answer I sent, but of course, all help will be welcomed and
        appreciated:

        As an RN, I must first of all recommend following every direction of
        the physicians your cousin is involved with. I do believe that
        meditation can be very helpful. I want to recommend the books of
        Louise Hay, and Dr. Bernie Siegel. Both are experts on conscious
        healing. Also, here's my favorite alternate health web site:
        http://www.serendipityhappens.com/
        This is Rusty Morgan's site, and he is very knowledgable, as are
        Louise and Bernie. Here is a technique that we have shared in our
        newsletter and on our web site. I hope it helps:
        Cancer
        Cancer is a wonderful equal opportunity provider. There may be no more
        powerful facts of life teacher. The choices of how to respond to it
        physically are usually between surgery, radiation, and chemotherapy.
        The beneficial effect these have can be hampered by the stress of
        worry, fear, obsessive thoughts, and energy squandered in negativity.
        Medical science has produced a large body of work that proves that it
        is most advantageous to cease doing those things that continue to
        cause stress and begin doing those things that promote the optimum
        functioning of the immune and healing systems. Changing to a healthy
        diet, exercising, and other "alternate healing" methods are
        gaining
        respectability in the orthodox medical community, but none more than
        meditation. This ancient practice has been shown to be a tremendous
        tool for healing. There is no better way to undo the negative
        reactions on the body, mind, and emotions that are produced by the
        adrenaline release fear, anger, and worry invariably precipitate. The
        endorphin release that comes with meditation properly primes the mind
        and emotions in a way that will let the body do its healing most
        advantageously. With that in mind, the following technique is offered
        in the hope that it will set the stage for a complete cure. It is
        aimed at those warriors blessed with the chance to do battle against
        this terrible dragon armed with the weaponry of either surgery,
        radiation, chemotherapy, or some combination of them.

        Position yourself in whatever posture you have found most condusive to
        concentration. Think about each of the procedures that you will be
        going through in as great detail as you can. Visualize them relative
        to the maximum benefit they will bring you.

        In your minds eye, see the surgical procedure removing 100% of the
        cancerous tissue. See healthy cells growing and repairing the area.
        See yourself whole and healthy.

        Visualize radiation passing through your body, frying any cancerous or
        precancerous cells. See new healthy cells evolve and multiply. See
        yourself whole and healthy.

        See chemotherapy molecules traveling through your bloodstream
        attacking and killing all the aberrant cells. See healthy cells
        swarming to the affected area and bring healing. See yourself whole
        and healthy.

        As well as visualizing the physical healing processes, feel your
        self-love and deep inner desire for good health fill and heal you
        emotionally and mentally. This effort will stimulate and allow your
        immune system to do its job unimpeded by the damage that unchecked
        negativity brings.

        Most of all, know your Self to be the unchangeable, eternal universal
        divine consciousness that is transcendent of your body, mind, or
        emotions, and live happily ever after.
        Peace and blessings,
        Bob Rose, President,
        Meditation Society of America