Re: [Meditation Society of America] Digest Number 225

  • Ramon Sender
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 18, 2002
      >From: "Judi Rhodes" <judirhodes@...>
      >Subject: The Anatomy of a Dwarf, Robert S. De Ropp, from The Master Game

      >The false ego is a component of man's psyche which follows him into high places, a clown, a buffoon,
      >hunchback, dwarf, a poor companion
      >but one not easy to shake off. To know its aspect, to be able clearly to define its limits,
      >the student must observe and gather material.

      DeRopp was Ouspensky's gardener, and my yoga teacher in the late 1960s. I saw him some years
      later in the mid-seventies, and he was still as spry and no-nonsense as ever. Some years later I
      heard that he'd dropped the body, supposedly by getting into his sea-going kayak and paddling
      off into the sunset. Is that a myth or what actually happened?

      Ramon

      "Is this really now?"
      (quoted from Bill on another list quoting from a friend)