Re: Non-dual Bhakti

  • jodyrrr
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 11, 2005
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, jasonjamesmorgan
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:

      > Hello,
      >
      > Now you compare him to Micheal Jackson.

      Well, in a way he is comparable, at least with
      regards to his sexual preferences. That's as far
      as that comparison holds though.

      > He also dressed like a women. A sadhana that is meant to equalize
      > the ego, and get rid of desire.

      That's all hagiographic spin. He dressed as a woman
      because he enjoyed it. It had nothing to do with sadhana,
      and everything to do with expressing the bliss of being
      ravished by Krishna

      > He also became devoted to hamuman, jumped around like a monkey, and
      > his tail bone extended.

      Tail bone extended? Hagiographic nonsense.

      > He also practiced tantric disciplines, tasting human flesh, sex, wine
      > drinking from human skulls etc.
      > He practiced all sadhanas, mastered them, and saw the holy mother in
      > everyone. So that he could teach out of experience, and not books.

      More hagiospin. He did those things because he
      was compelled to, not because he thought he should
      or needed to.

      > He saw the holy mother in women and men. He was declared an avatar
      > by these learned religious polititions.

      So what? They were sucking up to his positive media profile.
      Jumping on the bandwagon of the day.

      > And how do they research him and his sexuality a century later?

      By reading the original Bengali texts outside of the
      bowdlerizations of Nikhilananda and Saradananda.

      > I am quite aware of the critisisms of the Master.

      They aren't criticisms if you aren't hagiopoisoned.

      > Your claims are rediculous. Please send me your source info. I
      > always go to the source. Ramana not Godman, Ramakrishna not hindu
      > councils. Jesus, not the church. etc.
      > These councils shall get our attention.

      You have the source material. Now all you have to
      do is learn Bengali, or accept the translations used
      by Kripal in Kali's Child.

      > I salute you for bringning this malevolence to my attention.
      >
      > Namaste
      > Om Namah Shivaya
      > Jason James Morgan

      I feel sorry for the fact that you lack the resources
      to see outside of your fairy-tale rendering of Ramakrishna.

      --jody.

      Note: The references are included in the text below.

      > <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:
      > >
      > > From the Kathamrita:
      > >
      > > The Master is talking to M about Purna—
      > > Sri Ramakrishna—"What I'm telling you—this is not for
      > > every soul to hear—I want to kiss and embrace man as
      > > woman."
      > > (KA 4.271)
      > >
      > > Another passage, Ramakrishna describes a vision:
      > >
      > > "Everywhere there was a fog of bliss!—From within it a
      > > boy of thirteen arose and showed his face! He had the
      > > form of Purna! We were both naked!—then the two of us
      > > ran around the field and played joyfully!"
      > > (KA 4.259)
      > >
      > > Yet another passage, Ramakrisha speaking:
      > >
      > > "In that state I couldn't help but worship the little
      > > penises of boys with sandalpaste and flowers."
      > > (KA 4.232)
      > >
      > > That's from M's Kathamrita, translated directly from
      > > the Bengali. It's not in Nikhilananda's English
      > > translation, "The Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna."
      > > Nikhilananda left those parts out.
      > >
      > > Jason, the fact that you aren't even aware of the
      > > substantial research being done on Ramakrishna's
      > > sexuality by the religious studies community reveals
      > > how much you DON'T know about Ramakrishna.
      > >
      > > I have no doubt your mind will spin these passages
      > > to innocent play between a guru and his devotee.
      > > But doesn't Michael Jackson claim his "play" was
      > > innocent as well?
      > >
      > > --jody.
      > >
      > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, jasonjamesmorgan
      > > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hello,
      > > >
      > > > Hmmm. Alright, let do this Jody. These dudes also thought his
      > > > bhavamukta was a nerological disorder. They had their position
      > > > brought apon them with politics and feigned authority. I would
      > die
      > > > for my master. To say he was attracted to men, is just as
      > rediculous
      > > > as to say he was attracted women.
      > > >
      > > > You have my attention Jody. jasonjamesmorgan@d... if you want
      > > > to do this privately.
      > > >
      > > > By the way, you did not prove it. Have you read "sri ramakrishna
      > and
      > > > his divine play".
      > > >
      > > > Sri Ramakrishna is Jasons life study, living scripture and
      > avatar.
      > > > Swami Vivikananda is my lion. We are lions among house cats.
      > > >
      > > > I thought you were just trying to erk me. If you are serious, we
      > > > will play.
      > > >
      > > > Om Mani Padme Hum
      > > > Om Tat Sat
      > > > Namaste