THE WAY

  • subhash naik
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 11, 2005
      Obiviously the way has to be the right one,as otherwise we cannot reach the goal at
      all.For the soul,THE WAY TO ITS DESTINATION IS LIFE
      ITSELF.Life,therefore,has to be properly led,if one is to go to the Goal.Also,once we
      have arrived home,the very concept of life would appear to have no further meaning
      as life,at least as we understand it,becomes redundant.The soul exists eternally,but
      it takes upon itself a life for itself when it has become separated from its Original
      Home.and then a body too becomes necessary.Looked at in this way,life and life in
      the body would appear to be one and the same thing.Once the soul has reached its
      Home,the concept of life itself becomes meaningless.
      The body is given by the past samskaras (impressions).Once we have been
      born,there is no chance in that life to change it. It is fixed.The vehicle has been
      assigned.Change of the vehicle becomes possible only when the vehicle becomes
      unserviceable through old age or disease,when the soul in its wisdom and in its
      anxiety to reach Home, discards the worn-out vehicle and adopts another one.This
      is what we see as death and rebirth.So,for one life we can have only one body,and
      wisdom dictates that it be carefully preserved,so that it may serve its one and only
      purpose-that transporting the soul to its Hom(cont.)
    • jodyrrr
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 11, 2005
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "subhash naik"
        <sbhshnaik@y...> wrote:

        > Obiviously the way has to be the right one,as otherwise we cannot
        > reach the goal at all.

        The way is different for each and every person on the planet.
        Some may fall into recogniziable categories, like bhakti yoga
        or buddhism, etc. But some may fall outside of any known
        categories and seem almost criminal to the hagiopoisoned
        purists who trumpet their way as the way for all.

        And the "goal" is always within reach. Our being the Self
        is always present in each and every moment of our lives.
        It's right here, closer than our own breath, as if it sits
        on the tip of our nose. To make it a "goal" is to deny this
        reality and to put it off in some distant future. Such is
        a violence against the truth.

        --jody.

        [snip]
      • jasonjamesmorgan
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 11, 2005
          Hello,

          Natural abidance in the effulgence of Self, is preceded by un-natural
          abidance in the effulgence of Self.

          Namaste
          Om Namah Shivaya
          Jason James Morgan

          <jodyrrr@y...> wrote:

          > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "subhash naik"
          > <sbhshnaik@y...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Obiviously the way has to be the right one,as otherwise we cannot
          > > reach the goal at all.
          >
          > The way is different for each and every person on the planet.
          > Some may fall into recogniziable categories, like bhakti yoga
          > or buddhism, etc. But some may fall outside of any known
          > categories and seem almost criminal to the hagiopoisoned
          > purists who trumpet their way as the way for all.
          >
          > And the "goal" is always within reach. Our being the Self
          > is always present in each and every moment of our lives.
          > It's right here, closer than our own breath, as if it sits
          > on the tip of our nose. To make it a "goal" is to deny this
          > reality and to put it off in some distant future. Such is
          > a violence against the truth.
          >
          > --jody.
          >
          > [snip]
        • jodyrrr
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 11, 2005
            --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, jasonjamesmorgan
            <no_reply@y...> wrote:

            > Hello,
            >
            > Natural abidance in the effulgence of Self, is preceded by un-natural
            > abidance in the effulgence of Self.
            >
            > Namaste
            > Om Namah Shivaya
            > Jason James Morgan

            No. The Self is always present in each and every human
            being. When a person comes into the *experiential
            recognition* of this fact, the fact of the presence of
            the Self doesn't not change. Nor does the fact of the
            recognizing person's personality. It just becomes clear
            who they really are. They still remain who they've
            always been. Both are as natural as bears pooping in
            the woods and devotees who are woefully misguided by
            hagiographies.

            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 11, 2005
              <no_reply@y...> wrote:

              > Hello,
              >
              > Natural abidance in the effulgence of Self, is preceded by un-
              natural
              > abidance in the effulgence of Self.
              >
              > Namaste
              > Om Namah Shivaya
              > Jason James Morgan

              Sri Jason James,
              There is no-thing "un-natural"
              abiding in the effulgence of Self.
              But (I think) I think I know what you mean,
              and it is a good pointing and very nice word play.
              Thanks!
            • jasonjamesmorgan
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 11, 2005
                <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                Hello,

                Thanks. You got it.

                Namaste
                Om Namah Shivaya
                Jason James Morgan

                > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, jasonjamesmorgan
                > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
                > >
                > > Hello,
                > >
                > > Natural abidance in the effulgence of Self, is preceded by un-
                > natural
                > > abidance in the effulgence of Self.
                > >
                > > Namaste
                > > Om Namah Shivaya
                > > Jason James Morgan
                > >
                > Sri Jason James,
                > There is no-thing "un-natural"
                > abiding in the effulgence of Self.
                > But (I think) I think I know what you mean,
                > and it is a good pointing and very nice word play.
                > Thanks!
                > Peace and blessings,
                > Bob
              • jodyrrr