Re: WHY SPIRITUALITY

  • Michael Read
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 9 8:44 AM
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "subhash naik"
      <sbhshnaik@y...> wrote:
      >The cycle of birth and death continues indefinitely.

      for whom does this cycle continue?

      with grins,

      michael
    • devianandi
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 9 9:47 AM
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Read"
        <mareadba@y...> wrote:

        > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "subhash naik"
        > <sbhshnaik@y...> wrote:
        > >The cycle of birth and death continues indefinitely.
        >
        > for whom does this cycle continue?
        >
        > with grins,
        >
        > michael

        devi: i would like to hear your answer to your question? please smiles!
      • Michael Read
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 9 10:32 AM
          --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "devianandi"
          <polansky@m...> wrote:

          > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Read"
          > <mareadba@y...> wrote:
          > >
          > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "subhash
          naik"
          > > <sbhshnaik@y...> wrote:
          > > >The cycle of birth and death continues indefinitely.
          > >
          > > for whom does this cycle continue?
          > >
          > > with grins,
          > >
          > > michael
          >
          > devi: i would like to hear your answer to your question? please
          smiles!

          Sure Deviji,

          The answer is - for you.

          You, the infinite being, the life of everything.

          We only believe that we are separate from god. So we get a lot of
          stories out of that belief. Brahma Drama. It is a quite natural
          thing for folk to do.

          We are what we seek. These mind/bodies are god. We have never left
          our home.

          with love,

          michael
        • devianandi
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 9 10:50 AM
            ...The cycle of birth and death continues indefinitely.

            ****for whom does this cycle continue?
            with grins,
            michael

            devi: i would like to hear your answer to your question? please
            smiles!

            **** Sure Deviji,

            The answer is - for you.

            You, the infinite being, the life of everything.

            We only believe that we are separate from god. So we get a lot of
            stories out of that belief. Brahma Drama. It is a quite natural
            thing for folk to do.
            We are what we seek. These mind/bodies are god. We have never left
            our home.

            with love,

            > michael

            devi: nice michael.i would have said that

            after nirvikalpa samadi supposedly the cycle of birth and death
            ends....

            or

            there never was such an activitiy, it never really happened..there
            was no one for it to happen to

            or

            the Self is never born so it never dies only the body mind complex
            is born and dies

            or only for those who belief it is so...
          • Michael Read
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 9 11:29 AM
              <polansky@m...> wrote:

              > ...The cycle of birth and death continues indefinitely.
              >

              > ****for whom does this cycle continue?
              > with grins,
              > michael
              >
              > devi: i would like to hear your answer to your question? please
              > smiles!
              >

              > **** Sure Deviji,
              >
              > The answer is - for you.
              >
              > You, the infinite being, the life of everything.
              >
              > We only believe that we are separate from god. So we get a lot
              of
              > stories out of that belief. Brahma Drama. It is a quite natural
              > thing for folk to do.
              > We are what we seek. These mind/bodies are god. We have never
              left
              > our home.
              >
              > with love,
              > >
              > > michael
              >
              > devi: nice michael.i would have said that
              >
              > after nirvikalpa samadi supposedly the cycle of birth and death
              > ends....

              or it is seen that there is no 'cycle' of birth and death

              > or
              >
              > there never was such an activitiy, it never really happened..there
              > was no one for it to happen to

              or the activity is the one it happens to and the one it happens to
              is the infinite self

              > or
              >
              > the Self is never born so it never dies only the body mind complex
              > is born and dies

              or mind bodies arise in the self as the self but have little or no
              awareness of the self

              > or only for those who belief it is so...

              or belief is just another phenomena
              or belief is just something the self uses to 'trick' itself