WHY SPIRITUALITY

  • subhash naik
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 6, 2005
      In due course SAMSKARAS (impressions) began to be formed which brought about
      their resultant effects.Virtue and vice made their appearances.Slowly our exisence
      assumed the denset form.The effect of samskaras is the commencement of
      feelings of comforts,miseries,joys and sorrows.Our likings for joys and comforts and
      our dislike for sorrows and miseries have created further complications.We generally
      find ourselves surrounded with pain and misery and we think that deliverance from
      them is our main goal.This is avery narrow view of the problem. The problem before
      us is not mere deliverance from pain and misery but freedom from bondage which is
      the ultimate cause of pain and misery.Freedom from bondage is liberation.It is
      different from salvation which is not the end of the process of rebirth.Salvation is
      only a temporary pause in the rotation.It is the suspension of the process of birth
      and death only for a certain fixed period after which we again assume the material
      form.The endless circle of rebirth ends only when we have secured liberation.It is
      the end of our pains and miseries.Anything short of liberation cannot be taken as the
      goal of life although there remains still a lot beyond it.(CONT.)
    • subhash naik
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 6, 2005
        GOAL OF LIFE

        First we have to establish what is our goal.And if the goal falls something short of
        what we should truly aspire for,then it very often happens that our search ends
        unsatisfactorily.It does not satisfy us and we cannot reach the real goal because we
        have reduced the goal in our eyes.
        THE GOAL IS TO ACHIEVE THE ORIGINAL CONDITION THAT WAS
        PREVAILING BEFORE THIS CREATION CAME INTO BEING.The cycle of birth
        and death continues indefinitely.The problem before us is not to find out a solution of
        our present life but for all lives that we may henceforth have.In the wider sence, it
        covers the entire existence of soul in various forms gross or subtle at different
        times,till the time of MAHAPRALAYA (final extinction) cont.
        By my master P RAJAGOPALACHARI.He is the president of Shree Ram Chandra
        Mission

        NEXT WILL COME----------THE WAY--------
      • Michael Read
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 9, 2005
          --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "subhash naik"
          <sbhshnaik@y...> wrote:
          >The cycle of birth and death continues indefinitely.

          for whom does this cycle continue?

          with grins,

          michael
        • devianandi
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 9, 2005
            --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Read"
            <mareadba@y...> wrote:

            > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "subhash naik"
            > <sbhshnaik@y...> wrote:
            > >The cycle of birth and death continues indefinitely.
            >
            > for whom does this cycle continue?
            >
            > with grins,
            >
            > michael

            devi: i would like to hear your answer to your question? please smiles!
          • Michael Read
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 9, 2005
              --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "devianandi"
              <polansky@m...> wrote:

              > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Read"
              > <mareadba@y...> wrote:
              > >
              > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "subhash
              naik"
              > > <sbhshnaik@y...> wrote:
              > > >The cycle of birth and death continues indefinitely.
              > >
              > > for whom does this cycle continue?
              > >
              > > with grins,
              > >
              > > michael
              >
              > devi: i would like to hear your answer to your question? please
              smiles!

              Sure Deviji,

              The answer is - for you.

              You, the infinite being, the life of everything.

              We only believe that we are separate from god. So we get a lot of
              stories out of that belief. Brahma Drama. It is a quite natural
              thing for folk to do.

              We are what we seek. These mind/bodies are god. We have never left
              our home.

              with love,

              michael
            • devianandi
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 9, 2005
                ...The cycle of birth and death continues indefinitely.

                ****for whom does this cycle continue?
                with grins,
                michael

                devi: i would like to hear your answer to your question? please
                smiles!

                **** Sure Deviji,

                The answer is - for you.

                You, the infinite being, the life of everything.

                We only believe that we are separate from god. So we get a lot of
                stories out of that belief. Brahma Drama. It is a quite natural
                thing for folk to do.
                We are what we seek. These mind/bodies are god. We have never left
                our home.

                with love,

                > michael

                devi: nice michael.i would have said that

                after nirvikalpa samadi supposedly the cycle of birth and death
                ends....

                or

                there never was such an activitiy, it never really happened..there
                was no one for it to happen to

                or

                the Self is never born so it never dies only the body mind complex
                is born and dies

                or only for those who belief it is so...
              • Michael Read
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 9, 2005
                  <polansky@m...> wrote:

                  > ...The cycle of birth and death continues indefinitely.
                  >

                  > ****for whom does this cycle continue?
                  > with grins,
                  > michael
                  >
                  > devi: i would like to hear your answer to your question? please
                  > smiles!
                  >

                  > **** Sure Deviji,
                  >
                  > The answer is - for you.
                  >
                  > You, the infinite being, the life of everything.
                  >
                  > We only believe that we are separate from god. So we get a lot
                  of
                  > stories out of that belief. Brahma Drama. It is a quite natural
                  > thing for folk to do.
                  > We are what we seek. These mind/bodies are god. We have never
                  left
                  > our home.
                  >
                  > with love,
                  > >
                  > > michael
                  >
                  > devi: nice michael.i would have said that
                  >
                  > after nirvikalpa samadi supposedly the cycle of birth and death
                  > ends....

                  or it is seen that there is no 'cycle' of birth and death

                  > or
                  >
                  > there never was such an activitiy, it never really happened..there
                  > was no one for it to happen to

                  or the activity is the one it happens to and the one it happens to
                  is the infinite self

                  > or
                  >
                  > the Self is never born so it never dies only the body mind complex
                  > is born and dies

                  or mind bodies arise in the self as the self but have little or no
                  awareness of the self

                  > or only for those who belief it is so...

                  or belief is just another phenomena
                  or belief is just something the self uses to 'trick' itself