WHY SPIRITUALITY

  • subhash naik
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 5, 2005
      if we view the matter from thae above view-point,as being nothing but the change of
      vehicle necessary for the advancement of the soul to the Goal.
      OUR PRESENT STATE.
      The existence of soul can be traced out as far back as to the time of creation when
      the soul existed in its naked form as a separate entity.From that primary state of
      existence of the soul in its most subtle form,we marched on to grosser and grosser
      forms of existence.These may be expressed as coverings round the soul.The
      earliest coverings were of the finest nature and with them we existed in our
      Homeland,the Realm of God.The additions of more and more coverings of ego
      continuied and subsquently MANAS(psyche), CHIT (consciousness) BUDDHI
      (intellect),and AHANKAR (ego) in cruder forms began to contribute in our grossness.
      (by P.Rajagopalachari.) CONT.
    • subhash naik
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 6, 2005
        In due course SAMSKARAS (impressions) began to be formed which brought about
        their resultant effects.Virtue and vice made their appearances.Slowly our exisence
        assumed the denset form.The effect of samskaras is the commencement of
        feelings of comforts,miseries,joys and sorrows.Our likings for joys and comforts and
        our dislike for sorrows and miseries have created further complications.We generally
        find ourselves surrounded with pain and misery and we think that deliverance from
        them is our main goal.This is avery narrow view of the problem. The problem before
        us is not mere deliverance from pain and misery but freedom from bondage which is
        the ultimate cause of pain and misery.Freedom from bondage is liberation.It is
        different from salvation which is not the end of the process of rebirth.Salvation is
        only a temporary pause in the rotation.It is the suspension of the process of birth
        and death only for a certain fixed period after which we again assume the material
        form.The endless circle of rebirth ends only when we have secured liberation.It is
        the end of our pains and miseries.Anything short of liberation cannot be taken as the
        goal of life although there remains still a lot beyond it.(CONT.)
      • subhash naik
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 6, 2005
          GOAL OF LIFE

          First we have to establish what is our goal.And if the goal falls something short of
          what we should truly aspire for,then it very often happens that our search ends
          unsatisfactorily.It does not satisfy us and we cannot reach the real goal because we
          have reduced the goal in our eyes.
          THE GOAL IS TO ACHIEVE THE ORIGINAL CONDITION THAT WAS
          PREVAILING BEFORE THIS CREATION CAME INTO BEING.The cycle of birth
          and death continues indefinitely.The problem before us is not to find out a solution of
          our present life but for all lives that we may henceforth have.In the wider sence, it
          covers the entire existence of soul in various forms gross or subtle at different
          times,till the time of MAHAPRALAYA (final extinction) cont.
          By my master P RAJAGOPALACHARI.He is the president of Shree Ram Chandra
          Mission

          NEXT WILL COME----------THE WAY--------
        • Michael Read
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 9, 2005
            --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "subhash naik"
            <sbhshnaik@y...> wrote:
            >The cycle of birth and death continues indefinitely.

            for whom does this cycle continue?

            with grins,

            michael
          • devianandi
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 9, 2005
              --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Read"
              <mareadba@y...> wrote:

              > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "subhash naik"
              > <sbhshnaik@y...> wrote:
              > >The cycle of birth and death continues indefinitely.
              >
              > for whom does this cycle continue?
              >
              > with grins,
              >
              > michael

              devi: i would like to hear your answer to your question? please smiles!
            • Michael Read
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 9, 2005
                --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "devianandi"
                <polansky@m...> wrote:

                > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Read"
                > <mareadba@y...> wrote:
                > >
                > > --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "subhash
                naik"
                > > <sbhshnaik@y...> wrote:
                > > >The cycle of birth and death continues indefinitely.
                > >
                > > for whom does this cycle continue?
                > >
                > > with grins,
                > >
                > > michael
                >
                > devi: i would like to hear your answer to your question? please
                smiles!

                Sure Deviji,

                The answer is - for you.

                You, the infinite being, the life of everything.

                We only believe that we are separate from god. So we get a lot of
                stories out of that belief. Brahma Drama. It is a quite natural
                thing for folk to do.

                We are what we seek. These mind/bodies are god. We have never left
                our home.

                with love,

                michael
              • devianandi
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 9, 2005
                  ...The cycle of birth and death continues indefinitely.

                  ****for whom does this cycle continue?
                  with grins,
                  michael

                  devi: i would like to hear your answer to your question? please
                  smiles!

                  **** Sure Deviji,

                  The answer is - for you.

                  You, the infinite being, the life of everything.

                  We only believe that we are separate from god. So we get a lot of
                  stories out of that belief. Brahma Drama. It is a quite natural
                  thing for folk to do.
                  We are what we seek. These mind/bodies are god. We have never left
                  our home.

                  with love,

                  > michael

                  devi: nice michael.i would have said that

                  after nirvikalpa samadi supposedly the cycle of birth and death
                  ends....

                  or

                  there never was such an activitiy, it never really happened..there
                  was no one for it to happen to

                  or

                  the Self is never born so it never dies only the body mind complex
                  is born and dies

                  or only for those who belief it is so...
                • Michael Read
                  Message 8 of 8 , Apr 9, 2005
                    <polansky@m...> wrote:

                    > ...The cycle of birth and death continues indefinitely.
                    >

                    > ****for whom does this cycle continue?
                    > with grins,
                    > michael
                    >
                    > devi: i would like to hear your answer to your question? please
                    > smiles!
                    >

                    > **** Sure Deviji,
                    >
                    > The answer is - for you.
                    >
                    > You, the infinite being, the life of everything.
                    >
                    > We only believe that we are separate from god. So we get a lot
                    of
                    > stories out of that belief. Brahma Drama. It is a quite natural
                    > thing for folk to do.
                    > We are what we seek. These mind/bodies are god. We have never
                    left
                    > our home.
                    >
                    > with love,
                    > >
                    > > michael
                    >
                    > devi: nice michael.i would have said that
                    >
                    > after nirvikalpa samadi supposedly the cycle of birth and death
                    > ends....

                    or it is seen that there is no 'cycle' of birth and death

                    > or
                    >
                    > there never was such an activitiy, it never really happened..there
                    > was no one for it to happen to

                    or the activity is the one it happens to and the one it happens to
                    is the infinite self

                    > or
                    >
                    > the Self is never born so it never dies only the body mind complex
                    > is born and dies

                    or mind bodies arise in the self as the self but have little or no
                    awareness of the self

                    > or only for those who belief it is so...

                    or belief is just another phenomena
                    or belief is just something the self uses to 'trick' itself