MEDITATION

  • subhash naik
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 30, 2005
      When you cross it you find yourself in a totally calm atmosphere.Here the kingdom
      of God begins.There are stages and stages after it which all pass through.Since it
      seems out of place to discuss them here under the head of Meditation we leave
      them aside.Now your meditation is leading you to the main goal.No practice of hatha
      yoga can bring about such a result.It fails after agya chakra.Medition- a part of raja
      yoga-is the only thing that can lead you to the end.There is no other means of
      approaching the Centre.We have got within us the same central force,though marred
      by our wrong doings.We utilize the same power which is automatic in us.We take
      work from the same foirce through meditation.This is how we proceed naturally and
      with Nature'sforce,so to say. (cont.) From the book efficacy of Raja Yoga by
      RAMCHANDRA
    • subhash naik
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 3, 2005
        When we meditate,the central power we have remains in force.It disperses the
        owerwhelming clouds which are greatly fried up by its force,only can abhyasi can fell
        it.Thias can only be known practically.You will soon find yourself swimming in
        everlasting peace and hapiness.Everything ends here.There is no attachment with
        the world.The mind is disciplined. It is automatically regulated Senses begain to
        come under control,and you gain mastery over them.To master yourself means to
        master Nature.When the passage becomes clear you feel the Natue's work within
        your bounds and limits,rather you begain to work yourself.
        (From the Efficacy of Raja Yoga by RAMCANDRA)
        For the further information yuo please cantact web sight www.srcm.org
      • subhash naik
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 13 3:12 AM
          What is Meditation?

          Meditation is the ancient art of inner contemplation, of regulating the mind in
          order to uncover the true inner Self, which is Divine.

          Why Meditate?

          In materially developed nations, little value is placed on spiritual growth, while
          a great deal of emphasis is placed on physical and material aspects of
          human existence. This imbalance lies at the root of many of the ills currently
          afflicting our societies.

          People require both spiritual and material sustenance to live in harmony.
          Neglect of either one can spell disaster on the personal, familial, social and
          global levels.

          What is Sahaj Marg?

          Sahaj Marg, meaning the Natural Path, or the Simple Way, is the ancient Raja
          Yoga, simplified and modified for people of today's world. The practice is
          simple and without rituals or ceremonies. It is centered on the heart. The
          power of the mind is used to reach the spiritual goal of complete oneness with
          the Ultimate - God.

          Sahaj Marg does not promise powers, or financial success, or better health,
          etc. The only promise and purpose of Sahaj Marg is spiritual evolution.

          The practice of Sahaj Marg integrates the physical, mental and spiritual
          aspects of
          the human being, while still encouraging people to maintain a normal family
          and working life.

          What Does the Practice Consist Of?

          The daily practice of Sahaj Marg consists of an hour of meditation in the
          morning before the day begins, a half-hour of cleaning practice in the evening
          after the day's activities are complete, and a short prayer at bedtime.

          Weekly attendance at group meditation and regular individual meditations
          with a preceptor also form part of the practice.

          After practicing the system for a time and receiving the benefit of transmission,
          a person begins to feel a state of calmness and inner peace. This is the first
          stage of the spiritual journey.

          What is Transmission?

          An essential and unique feature of Sahaj Marg is the transmission of divine
          energy from the Master to the aspirant.

          This long-lost technique, called Pranahuti in Sanskrit, was rediscovered by
          the Grand Master of the system, late in the last century. The Master, who is
          himself merged with the Ultimate, is thus able to transmit the spiritual essence
          into the deepest level of the aspirant's heart.

          Who is the Master?

          There is a need for a living realized Master to effectively train an aspirant in
          spirituality. It is for the aspirant to read, associate and accept a Master.

          The present living Master of the Sahaj Marg system is Shri Parthasarathi
          Rajagopalachari of Madras, India. He is the President of Shri Ram Chandra
          Mission. He works for the spiritual benefit of all, and travels to centers both in
          and outside India as well as welcoming those visiting him in Madras. He is
          assisted by some individuals called preceptors, whom he has permitted to
          transmit to aspirants.

          What is Shri Ram Chandra Mission?

          Sahaj Marg is taught and practiced worldwide through the organization of
          Shri Ram Chandra Mission. It is a non-profit organization with branches in
          many parts of the world. The Mission was established in 1945 by Shri Ram
          Chandra of Shahjahanpur, U.P., India, and was named in honor of his Master,
          the Grand Master of the system who also had the same name.

          How to Start the Practice?

          Training in Sahaj Marg is free of charge, and is open to all over eighteen
          years of age. The only qualification is a genuine and abiding interest in
          spiritual growth and the willingness to participate.

          To begin the practice of Sahaj Marg it is necessary to receive introductory
          meditation sittings from a preceptor.

          For more information on the system and to begin the practice, please contact
          the center nearest you. Main international and local centers are listed in this
          brochure.

          "God is simple, and therefore the way to Him must also be simple.

          God has hidden Himself inside your heart and exposed you. Hide yourself
          and expose God."
          - Shri Ram Chandra

          "Remember, you are not only a tenant of this house, you are a tenant in this
          body itself. Prepare your next residence, before you leave this. Otherwise, you
          will be a houseless person, with nowhere to go."
          - Shri P. Rajagopalachari