MEDITATION

  • subhash naik
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 29, 2005
      Now we want to go back through downward motion to the condition from which we
      had come down.We use our central force at one point just as the Almighty did when
      He created the world by issuing forth the powers of creation from just beneath the
      Centre through the force of His will,in differentforms and colours like the fibres of the
      net,to copmplete the crteation.It has been at His centre and shall be there when the
      things,which have come down go back in Him,or to the original point called the
      Centre ( as explained later in the book).We began to weave our own fibres of
      different hues and colours and we are all the time with them.Now we want to return
      to our own centre.The process naturally will be to draw these things to the p[oint of
      origin.We do the same thing in meditation and try to gather ourselves at one and the
      same point to create our pralaya,which is the state we were in when we came
      down.By meditation we make a will in our heart covering thereby the suroundings
      around the heart region.It begins to expand,extending over to all the chakras
      (lotuses) located in our body.Thus all the chakras begain to glow.The circle goes
      onward passing through region after region till all begain to be absorbed in the
      inneermost circle.What you feel there is dazzling light sometimes,because you have
      made the passage from the heart towards that region where you are now.The
      dazzling light now begains to fade because you are going forward.You come in
      contact with different stages of maya as well.The dazzling light is there. (cont.)
      (From the book efficy 0f Raja yoga by RAMCHANDRA)
    • subhash naik
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 30, 2005
        When you cross it you find yourself in a totally calm atmosphere.Here the kingdom
        of God begins.There are stages and stages after it which all pass through.Since it
        seems out of place to discuss them here under the head of Meditation we leave
        them aside.Now your meditation is leading you to the main goal.No practice of hatha
        yoga can bring about such a result.It fails after agya chakra.Medition- a part of raja
        yoga-is the only thing that can lead you to the end.There is no other means of
        approaching the Centre.We have got within us the same central force,though marred
        by our wrong doings.We utilize the same power which is automatic in us.We take
        work from the same foirce through meditation.This is how we proceed naturally and
        with Nature'sforce,so to say. (cont.) From the book efficacy of Raja Yoga by
        RAMCHANDRA
      • subhash naik
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 3, 2005
          When we meditate,the central power we have remains in force.It disperses the
          owerwhelming clouds which are greatly fried up by its force,only can abhyasi can fell
          it.Thias can only be known practically.You will soon find yourself swimming in
          everlasting peace and hapiness.Everything ends here.There is no attachment with
          the world.The mind is disciplined. It is automatically regulated Senses begain to
          come under control,and you gain mastery over them.To master yourself means to
          master Nature.When the passage becomes clear you feel the Natue's work within
          your bounds and limits,rather you begain to work yourself.
          (From the Efficacy of Raja Yoga by RAMCANDRA)
          For the further information yuo please cantact web sight www.srcm.org
        • subhash naik
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 13, 2005
            What is Meditation?

            Meditation is the ancient art of inner contemplation, of regulating the mind in
            order to uncover the true inner Self, which is Divine.

            Why Meditate?

            In materially developed nations, little value is placed on spiritual growth, while
            a great deal of emphasis is placed on physical and material aspects of
            human existence. This imbalance lies at the root of many of the ills currently
            afflicting our societies.

            People require both spiritual and material sustenance to live in harmony.
            Neglect of either one can spell disaster on the personal, familial, social and
            global levels.

            What is Sahaj Marg?

            Sahaj Marg, meaning the Natural Path, or the Simple Way, is the ancient Raja
            Yoga, simplified and modified for people of today's world. The practice is
            simple and without rituals or ceremonies. It is centered on the heart. The
            power of the mind is used to reach the spiritual goal of complete oneness with
            the Ultimate - God.

            Sahaj Marg does not promise powers, or financial success, or better health,
            etc. The only promise and purpose of Sahaj Marg is spiritual evolution.

            The practice of Sahaj Marg integrates the physical, mental and spiritual
            aspects of
            the human being, while still encouraging people to maintain a normal family
            and working life.

            What Does the Practice Consist Of?

            The daily practice of Sahaj Marg consists of an hour of meditation in the
            morning before the day begins, a half-hour of cleaning practice in the evening
            after the day's activities are complete, and a short prayer at bedtime.

            Weekly attendance at group meditation and regular individual meditations
            with a preceptor also form part of the practice.

            After practicing the system for a time and receiving the benefit of transmission,
            a person begins to feel a state of calmness and inner peace. This is the first
            stage of the spiritual journey.

            What is Transmission?

            An essential and unique feature of Sahaj Marg is the transmission of divine
            energy from the Master to the aspirant.

            This long-lost technique, called Pranahuti in Sanskrit, was rediscovered by
            the Grand Master of the system, late in the last century. The Master, who is
            himself merged with the Ultimate, is thus able to transmit the spiritual essence
            into the deepest level of the aspirant's heart.

            Who is the Master?

            There is a need for a living realized Master to effectively train an aspirant in
            spirituality. It is for the aspirant to read, associate and accept a Master.

            The present living Master of the Sahaj Marg system is Shri Parthasarathi
            Rajagopalachari of Madras, India. He is the President of Shri Ram Chandra
            Mission. He works for the spiritual benefit of all, and travels to centers both in
            and outside India as well as welcoming those visiting him in Madras. He is
            assisted by some individuals called preceptors, whom he has permitted to
            transmit to aspirants.

            What is Shri Ram Chandra Mission?

            Sahaj Marg is taught and practiced worldwide through the organization of
            Shri Ram Chandra Mission. It is a non-profit organization with branches in
            many parts of the world. The Mission was established in 1945 by Shri Ram
            Chandra of Shahjahanpur, U.P., India, and was named in honor of his Master,
            the Grand Master of the system who also had the same name.

            How to Start the Practice?

            Training in Sahaj Marg is free of charge, and is open to all over eighteen
            years of age. The only qualification is a genuine and abiding interest in
            spiritual growth and the willingness to participate.

            To begin the practice of Sahaj Marg it is necessary to receive introductory
            meditation sittings from a preceptor.

            For more information on the system and to begin the practice, please contact
            the center nearest you. Main international and local centers are listed in this
            brochure.

            "God is simple, and therefore the way to Him must also be simple.

            God has hidden Himself inside your heart and exposed you. Hide yourself
            and expose God."
            - Shri Ram Chandra

            "Remember, you are not only a tenant of this house, you are a tenant in this
            body itself. Prepare your next residence, before you leave this. Otherwise, you
            will be a houseless person, with nowhere to go."
            - Shri P. Rajagopalachari