MEDITITATION

  • subhash naik
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 28 1:46 AM
      We generally take the heart for mrditation.The heart is the pumping station of the
      blood.It sends out blood,after purification,to different nerves and cells of the
      body.Now we have taken the heart as the centre of the medition.The blood that runs
      throughout our system id affected.The solidity due to our own thoughts and actions
      begains to melt away.This is the first thing we begain to gain,from the very first
      day,by this method of medition on the heart.People may ask why it is necessary to
      proceed with medition at the first stage of raja yoga.The answer is quite plain and
      simple.We are now gathering ourselves at one point so that our individual mind may
      leave its habit of wandering about,which it has formed.By this practice we set our
      individual mind on the right path because it is now matamorphosing its habit.When
      this is done our thoughts naturally do not go astray.It is a Hindu belief, and a correct
      one too,that when we first came into being we were complete,and we were all in
      close touch with the almighty.As time went on degeneration set in with the result
      that we now find ourselves in the lower stratum of humanity.Who created these
      things within us? It is only we ourselves and nobody else.It is we who have
      undermined ourselves; it is we who have thrown ourselves into the gloomy
      dungeon,far far away from the godly kingdom;it is we who have wrought this havoc
      within us,making thereby a net work interwoven by the fibres of our wrong and
      vicious thoughts. (cont.) FROM THE BOOK EFFICACY OF RAJAYOGA BY
      RAMCHANDRA