MEDITATION

  • subhash naik
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 27, 2005
      In raja yoga we generally start with meditation.There is a great
      underlying philosophy
      in it.We find ourselves all the time busy with the worldly things.If
      we are not doing
      anything,our thoughts seem to have wings in the leisure hours.We are
      always in
      tumult and disorder.Our individual mind has become used to such type
      of character,
      and thus we have made everything topsy-turvy. Our actions and
      thoughts count
      much in our wrong making.When we remain in contact with ideas and
      thoughts of
      different kinds, they leave impressions upon our emotional feelings
      and senses. All
      senses are spoiled and adopt a wrong course. When such practice
      continues for a
      long period, we make them worse. The marks we thus make upon the
      senses and
      indriyas turn them solid like a rocki, having no bodh or wisdom. Soul
      is, no doubt,
      not acted upon, but we create such obstacles and coverings with keep
      it enwrapped
      all round like the cocoon of a silkworm. What happens then ? We
      cannot even peep
      into the soul, what of realising it.By the effect of our sence of
      discrimination and
      right cognition. Those who have reached this state of solidity, as
      said above, do not
      like to come under the teaching of raja yoga. This is why people turn
      a deaf ear to
      what we say. If somehow or other they make a firm determination to
      reach the
      Reality, the power of Master shall effect them. At the same time I
      want to add that
      these things can be shattered only by the help of such a Master who
      has the power
      of transmission to break open the wrapped-up things and to remove
      complexities.
      (from the book of EFFICACY OF RAJA YOGA by RAMCHANDRA )
    • subhash naik
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 29, 2005
        Now we want to go back through downward motion to the condition from which we
        had come down.We use our central force at one point just as the Almighty did when
        He created the world by issuing forth the powers of creation from just beneath the
        Centre through the force of His will,in differentforms and colours like the fibres of the
        net,to copmplete the crteation.It has been at His centre and shall be there when the
        things,which have come down go back in Him,or to the original point called the
        Centre ( as explained later in the book).We began to weave our own fibres of
        different hues and colours and we are all the time with them.Now we want to return
        to our own centre.The process naturally will be to draw these things to the p[oint of
        origin.We do the same thing in meditation and try to gather ourselves at one and the
        same point to create our pralaya,which is the state we were in when we came
        down.By meditation we make a will in our heart covering thereby the suroundings
        around the heart region.It begins to expand,extending over to all the chakras
        (lotuses) located in our body.Thus all the chakras begain to glow.The circle goes
        onward passing through region after region till all begain to be absorbed in the
        inneermost circle.What you feel there is dazzling light sometimes,because you have
        made the passage from the heart towards that region where you are now.The
        dazzling light now begains to fade because you are going forward.You come in
        contact with different stages of maya as well.The dazzling light is there. (cont.)
        (From the book efficy 0f Raja yoga by RAMCHANDRA)
      • subhash naik
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 30, 2005
          When you cross it you find yourself in a totally calm atmosphere.Here the kingdom
          of God begins.There are stages and stages after it which all pass through.Since it
          seems out of place to discuss them here under the head of Meditation we leave
          them aside.Now your meditation is leading you to the main goal.No practice of hatha
          yoga can bring about such a result.It fails after agya chakra.Medition- a part of raja
          yoga-is the only thing that can lead you to the end.There is no other means of
          approaching the Centre.We have got within us the same central force,though marred
          by our wrong doings.We utilize the same power which is automatic in us.We take
          work from the same foirce through meditation.This is how we proceed naturally and
          with Nature'sforce,so to say. (cont.) From the book efficacy of Raja Yoga by
          RAMCHANDRA
        • subhash naik
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 3 12:24 AM
            When we meditate,the central power we have remains in force.It disperses the
            owerwhelming clouds which are greatly fried up by its force,only can abhyasi can fell
            it.Thias can only be known practically.You will soon find yourself swimming in
            everlasting peace and hapiness.Everything ends here.There is no attachment with
            the world.The mind is disciplined. It is automatically regulated Senses begain to
            come under control,and you gain mastery over them.To master yourself means to
            master Nature.When the passage becomes clear you feel the Natue's work within
            your bounds and limits,rather you begain to work yourself.
            (From the Efficacy of Raja Yoga by RAMCANDRA)
            For the further information yuo please cantact web sight www.srcm.org
          • subhash naik
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 13, 2005
              What is Meditation?

              Meditation is the ancient art of inner contemplation, of regulating the mind in
              order to uncover the true inner Self, which is Divine.

              Why Meditate?

              In materially developed nations, little value is placed on spiritual growth, while
              a great deal of emphasis is placed on physical and material aspects of
              human existence. This imbalance lies at the root of many of the ills currently
              afflicting our societies.

              People require both spiritual and material sustenance to live in harmony.
              Neglect of either one can spell disaster on the personal, familial, social and
              global levels.

              What is Sahaj Marg?

              Sahaj Marg, meaning the Natural Path, or the Simple Way, is the ancient Raja
              Yoga, simplified and modified for people of today's world. The practice is
              simple and without rituals or ceremonies. It is centered on the heart. The
              power of the mind is used to reach the spiritual goal of complete oneness with
              the Ultimate - God.

              Sahaj Marg does not promise powers, or financial success, or better health,
              etc. The only promise and purpose of Sahaj Marg is spiritual evolution.

              The practice of Sahaj Marg integrates the physical, mental and spiritual
              aspects of
              the human being, while still encouraging people to maintain a normal family
              and working life.

              What Does the Practice Consist Of?

              The daily practice of Sahaj Marg consists of an hour of meditation in the
              morning before the day begins, a half-hour of cleaning practice in the evening
              after the day's activities are complete, and a short prayer at bedtime.

              Weekly attendance at group meditation and regular individual meditations
              with a preceptor also form part of the practice.

              After practicing the system for a time and receiving the benefit of transmission,
              a person begins to feel a state of calmness and inner peace. This is the first
              stage of the spiritual journey.

              What is Transmission?

              An essential and unique feature of Sahaj Marg is the transmission of divine
              energy from the Master to the aspirant.

              This long-lost technique, called Pranahuti in Sanskrit, was rediscovered by
              the Grand Master of the system, late in the last century. The Master, who is
              himself merged with the Ultimate, is thus able to transmit the spiritual essence
              into the deepest level of the aspirant's heart.

              Who is the Master?

              There is a need for a living realized Master to effectively train an aspirant in
              spirituality. It is for the aspirant to read, associate and accept a Master.

              The present living Master of the Sahaj Marg system is Shri Parthasarathi
              Rajagopalachari of Madras, India. He is the President of Shri Ram Chandra
              Mission. He works for the spiritual benefit of all, and travels to centers both in
              and outside India as well as welcoming those visiting him in Madras. He is
              assisted by some individuals called preceptors, whom he has permitted to
              transmit to aspirants.

              What is Shri Ram Chandra Mission?

              Sahaj Marg is taught and practiced worldwide through the organization of
              Shri Ram Chandra Mission. It is a non-profit organization with branches in
              many parts of the world. The Mission was established in 1945 by Shri Ram
              Chandra of Shahjahanpur, U.P., India, and was named in honor of his Master,
              the Grand Master of the system who also had the same name.

              How to Start the Practice?

              Training in Sahaj Marg is free of charge, and is open to all over eighteen
              years of age. The only qualification is a genuine and abiding interest in
              spiritual growth and the willingness to participate.

              To begin the practice of Sahaj Marg it is necessary to receive introductory
              meditation sittings from a preceptor.

              For more information on the system and to begin the practice, please contact
              the center nearest you. Main international and local centers are listed in this
              brochure.

              "God is simple, and therefore the way to Him must also be simple.

              God has hidden Himself inside your heart and exposed you. Hide yourself
              and expose God."
              - Shri Ram Chandra

              "Remember, you are not only a tenant of this house, you are a tenant in this
              body itself. Prepare your next residence, before you leave this. Otherwise, you
              will be a houseless person, with nowhere to go."
              - Shri P. Rajagopalachari