Ashes to Ashes

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 21, 2005
      On Saturday, we gathered together by the river
      and scattered the ashes of Bob Eck. He was my
      beloved brother-in-law and a prime mover in the
      developement of The Inner Traveler newsletter,
      as well as a voice of wisdom and righteousness
      in all the projects of the Meditation Society
      of America. It was a very beautiful day and there
      was an appropriateness to everything that happened.
      His wife shared an amazing Buddhist prayer, the
      children played music and games, and Mother Nature
      was very giving of her beauty. None of us had ever
      done this very grown-up ritual before, and it
      couldn't have been more freeing, uplifting, and
      other "positive" adjectives, in any way.

      Bob slipped out of it effortlessy and easily last
      May, but his body would have been 52 today, so we
      wish him a happy birthday, and as always radiate
      our love to him, and open ourSelves to receive
      his guidance and love for us. But on Saturday, as
      when he left our physical prescence, it became
      apparant that IT never was about the material, and
      was, and is, and always will be about the spiritual.
      God bless you my brother!