Re: Sleep after meditation

  • Don James
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 21, 2005
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Tony Osime"
      <tony.osime@f...> wrote:
      > Does the quality of sleep differ just after meditation?
      >
      > After I meditated this morning, I decided to take a little nap
      since I still
      > had some time.
      >
      > When I woke, I felt as if I had had one of the best periods of
      sleep in a
      > very long time. I wondered if my meditation session had anything to
      do with
      > it?
      >
      > Since we usually practice meditation when we are not sleepy to avoid
      > sleeping, we seldom experience post meditation sleep - in my case
      at least.

      > What has been your experience with post meditation sleep? Have you
      used it
      > in any way?
      >
      > ...Tony

      The goal is to be in a meditative state all the time, so meditating
      before you sleep is going to produce a deeper meditative state. Esp
      if you don't dream or if your dreams are relaxing. Like the guy who
      asked the man on the street in NY "how do I get to Carnegie Hall?"
      and the guy answered "practice, practice, practice". Same goes for
      how do you get enlightened?