Re: [Meditation Society of America] Sleep after meditation

  • suman sk
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 20, 2005
      I use to sleep for some time after my meditational sessions. May be it was bcos I used to concentrate a lot rather than mediatate. But I have experienced that even after a long sessions now  i feel very quiet and calm and refreshed and not sleepy.Very relaxed.
      Surendra

      Tony Osime <tony.osime@...> wrote:
      Does the quality of sleep differ just after meditation?

      After I meditated this morning, I decided to take a little nap since I still
      had some time.

      When I woke, I felt as if I had had one of the best periods of sleep in a
      very long time. I wondered if my meditation session had anything to do with
      it?

      Since we usually practice meditation when we are not sleepy to avoid
      sleeping, we seldom experience post meditation sleep - in my case at least.

      What has been your experience with post meditation sleep? Have you used it
      in any way?

      ...Tony

      Do you Yahoo!?