Journal Entry-Eve

  • eveneon
    Message 1 of 37 , Nov 15, 2002
      Date: November 15, 2002
      Time: 8:00am, 45 minutes (open)
      Position: Sitting on bed, cross-legged, eyes closed, hands resting on
      lap
      Technique: body and breath awareness
      Variation: Visualization

      Good session today. Returned to my garden of eden. Mind chatter was
      medium to low and concentration was good. I guess I must have reached
      a very relaxed state because I noticed that I wasn't sitting still,
      but swaying in a sort of circular motion. Even though I was aware of
      this I didn't feel like I was controlling the movement. At one point
      my body began leaning forward to almost a 90-degree angle to my body
      and I had to consciously pull myself backward because I was afraid I
      would fall off the bed.
      I was very focused on the sound of my breath. An image came to me of
      a baby in utero. I thought that the internal sound I hear of my
      breath going in and out must be the same as what a baby might here in
      it's mother's womb. It was very calming.
      Came out of session consciously but quickly.
    • Tony
      Message 37 of 37 , Nov 15, 2002
        Hi Eve,

        The sound you can hear comes up not only during meditation but at any time
        you become present enough to "listen" to yourself.

        I have found I have up to 5 or more different voices depending on the
        situation and my frame of mind. My typical voice is a logical, reasoning
        type of person - a bit like a college professor I think! I sometimes have
        the voice of child-like astonishment. A very long time ago (over 25 years) I
        was very surprised to hear a dark, mysterious, frightening voice telling me
        to stop playing mind games and go to sleep.

        As you get to know your different voices you get a better picture of your
        frame of mind at the time. The next stage might involve switching voices
        when you need a different way of looking at a situation. A further stage
        still might be inventing a new voice to achieve a desired effect. But maybe
        that is going too far in the wrong direction. Keeping it simple might be a
        better approach. If it happens we notice a change in voice at any time we
        can simply take that into account.

        ...Tony