Losing the I

  • mlcanow
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 19, 2005
      Hello

      From reading a post in another forum, this is what was expressed,
      and there is the motivation of sharing it here too, since is it a meditation way...
      that of getting rid of thoughts to arrive to the one who is thinking.

      After ariving by discrimination or any other way,
      to the point in which we understand
      that there is an I devoid of identification with any other thing...

      There si even the possibility of losing the I
      one finds as always being there.

      There is something bigger or wider than "always", and it is "eternal".
      Being from ever and for ever. And it is not the person who is that.

      The person is transient, the real Being is eternal.
      This Being is what one really is.
      From this Being the person arises,
      is sustained on it
      and rerturns to it.

      Being is Existence.
      Not existence of something, but pure existence devoid of qualities.

      This can be found out by experience, not by discrimination.
      Discrimination has to stop at some point. And it is in the I.
      Only when the I disappears, there is Consciousness
      of this vastness of Eternal Being.
      After this experience, there is no doubt about the nature of the I,
      self, time, space, consciousness, mind, etc.

      This happening occurs as a gap, a disappearance of movement,
      and cannot happen out of will. It happens on its own.

      We can go through understanding until this point were we recognise the I,
      devoid of the illusions created by the mind.
      But...there is this wonderful possibility of losing also this I...
      and remain as pure Consciousness-Existence.

      Then, real understanding occurs.

      The person is transient. Being is from ever and for ever.

      And that´s it. Very simple.
      The consequence...living Peace.