MEDITATION

  • subhash naik
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 17, 2005
      Meditation is the ancient art of inner contemplation,of focussing the mind in
      order to reach the true inner self.
      Many kinds of meditation with different objects and intentions exist in the
      modern world.some of this claim to be new,some very old.at some level,most
      of them are related to the ancient Indian science of RAJAYOGA.
      Modern civilization,particularly in the west,places little value on spritual
      growth,but a great bdeal of emphasis on physical and material matters.It is
      clear that this imbalance lies at the root of many of the ills currently afflicting
      our societies.
      Humanity needs both kinds of values to grow and develop.Like a bird,we
      need two wings to fly - material wing,and a spiritual wing.Neglect of either one
      spell disaster,on a personal or a global basis.Meditation is a simple and
      natural process to achieve the much-needed balance.
      The Natural Path,or the simple way is a form of RAJYOGA,the yoga of the
      mind or KING of YOGAS.The practice is simple,without rituals or
      ceremonies,and is centered on the heart.It uses the power of the mind,that
      is,thought,to achieve the highest spritual goal - the inner perfection,which is
      synonymous with God Realization.
    • subhash naik
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 27, 2005
        In raja yoga we generally start with meditation.There is a great
        underlying philosophy
        in it.We find ourselves all the time busy with the worldly things.If
        we are not doing
        anything,our thoughts seem to have wings in the leisure hours.We are
        always in
        tumult and disorder.Our individual mind has become used to such type
        of character,
        and thus we have made everything topsy-turvy. Our actions and
        thoughts count
        much in our wrong making.When we remain in contact with ideas and
        thoughts of
        different kinds, they leave impressions upon our emotional feelings
        and senses. All
        senses are spoiled and adopt a wrong course. When such practice
        continues for a
        long period, we make them worse. The marks we thus make upon the
        senses and
        indriyas turn them solid like a rocki, having no bodh or wisdom. Soul
        is, no doubt,
        not acted upon, but we create such obstacles and coverings with keep
        it enwrapped
        all round like the cocoon of a silkworm. What happens then ? We
        cannot even peep
        into the soul, what of realising it.By the effect of our sence of
        discrimination and
        right cognition. Those who have reached this state of solidity, as
        said above, do not
        like to come under the teaching of raja yoga. This is why people turn
        a deaf ear to
        what we say. If somehow or other they make a firm determination to
        reach the
        Reality, the power of Master shall effect them. At the same time I
        want to add that
        these things can be shattered only by the help of such a Master who
        has the power
        of transmission to break open the wrapped-up things and to remove
        complexities.
        (from the book of EFFICACY OF RAJA YOGA by RAMCHANDRA )
      • subhash naik
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 29, 2005
          Now we want to go back through downward motion to the condition from which we
          had come down.We use our central force at one point just as the Almighty did when
          He created the world by issuing forth the powers of creation from just beneath the
          Centre through the force of His will,in differentforms and colours like the fibres of the
          net,to copmplete the crteation.It has been at His centre and shall be there when the
          things,which have come down go back in Him,or to the original point called the
          Centre ( as explained later in the book).We began to weave our own fibres of
          different hues and colours and we are all the time with them.Now we want to return
          to our own centre.The process naturally will be to draw these things to the p[oint of
          origin.We do the same thing in meditation and try to gather ourselves at one and the
          same point to create our pralaya,which is the state we were in when we came
          down.By meditation we make a will in our heart covering thereby the suroundings
          around the heart region.It begins to expand,extending over to all the chakras
          (lotuses) located in our body.Thus all the chakras begain to glow.The circle goes
          onward passing through region after region till all begain to be absorbed in the
          inneermost circle.What you feel there is dazzling light sometimes,because you have
          made the passage from the heart towards that region where you are now.The
          dazzling light now begains to fade because you are going forward.You come in
          contact with different stages of maya as well.The dazzling light is there. (cont.)
          (From the book efficy 0f Raja yoga by RAMCHANDRA)
        • subhash naik
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 30, 2005
            When you cross it you find yourself in a totally calm atmosphere.Here the kingdom
            of God begins.There are stages and stages after it which all pass through.Since it
            seems out of place to discuss them here under the head of Meditation we leave
            them aside.Now your meditation is leading you to the main goal.No practice of hatha
            yoga can bring about such a result.It fails after agya chakra.Medition- a part of raja
            yoga-is the only thing that can lead you to the end.There is no other means of
            approaching the Centre.We have got within us the same central force,though marred
            by our wrong doings.We utilize the same power which is automatic in us.We take
            work from the same foirce through meditation.This is how we proceed naturally and
            with Nature'sforce,so to say. (cont.) From the book efficacy of Raja Yoga by
            RAMCHANDRA
          • subhash naik
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 3 12:24 AM
              When we meditate,the central power we have remains in force.It disperses the
              owerwhelming clouds which are greatly fried up by its force,only can abhyasi can fell
              it.Thias can only be known practically.You will soon find yourself swimming in
              everlasting peace and hapiness.Everything ends here.There is no attachment with
              the world.The mind is disciplined. It is automatically regulated Senses begain to
              come under control,and you gain mastery over them.To master yourself means to
              master Nature.When the passage becomes clear you feel the Natue's work within
              your bounds and limits,rather you begain to work yourself.
              (From the Efficacy of Raja Yoga by RAMCANDRA)
              For the further information yuo please cantact web sight www.srcm.org
            • subhash naik
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 13, 2005
                What is Meditation?

                Meditation is the ancient art of inner contemplation, of regulating the mind in
                order to uncover the true inner Self, which is Divine.

                Why Meditate?

                In materially developed nations, little value is placed on spiritual growth, while
                a great deal of emphasis is placed on physical and material aspects of
                human existence. This imbalance lies at the root of many of the ills currently
                afflicting our societies.

                People require both spiritual and material sustenance to live in harmony.
                Neglect of either one can spell disaster on the personal, familial, social and
                global levels.

                What is Sahaj Marg?

                Sahaj Marg, meaning the Natural Path, or the Simple Way, is the ancient Raja
                Yoga, simplified and modified for people of today's world. The practice is
                simple and without rituals or ceremonies. It is centered on the heart. The
                power of the mind is used to reach the spiritual goal of complete oneness with
                the Ultimate - God.

                Sahaj Marg does not promise powers, or financial success, or better health,
                etc. The only promise and purpose of Sahaj Marg is spiritual evolution.

                The practice of Sahaj Marg integrates the physical, mental and spiritual
                aspects of
                the human being, while still encouraging people to maintain a normal family
                and working life.

                What Does the Practice Consist Of?

                The daily practice of Sahaj Marg consists of an hour of meditation in the
                morning before the day begins, a half-hour of cleaning practice in the evening
                after the day's activities are complete, and a short prayer at bedtime.

                Weekly attendance at group meditation and regular individual meditations
                with a preceptor also form part of the practice.

                After practicing the system for a time and receiving the benefit of transmission,
                a person begins to feel a state of calmness and inner peace. This is the first
                stage of the spiritual journey.

                What is Transmission?

                An essential and unique feature of Sahaj Marg is the transmission of divine
                energy from the Master to the aspirant.

                This long-lost technique, called Pranahuti in Sanskrit, was rediscovered by
                the Grand Master of the system, late in the last century. The Master, who is
                himself merged with the Ultimate, is thus able to transmit the spiritual essence
                into the deepest level of the aspirant's heart.

                Who is the Master?

                There is a need for a living realized Master to effectively train an aspirant in
                spirituality. It is for the aspirant to read, associate and accept a Master.

                The present living Master of the Sahaj Marg system is Shri Parthasarathi
                Rajagopalachari of Madras, India. He is the President of Shri Ram Chandra
                Mission. He works for the spiritual benefit of all, and travels to centers both in
                and outside India as well as welcoming those visiting him in Madras. He is
                assisted by some individuals called preceptors, whom he has permitted to
                transmit to aspirants.

                What is Shri Ram Chandra Mission?

                Sahaj Marg is taught and practiced worldwide through the organization of
                Shri Ram Chandra Mission. It is a non-profit organization with branches in
                many parts of the world. The Mission was established in 1945 by Shri Ram
                Chandra of Shahjahanpur, U.P., India, and was named in honor of his Master,
                the Grand Master of the system who also had the same name.

                How to Start the Practice?

                Training in Sahaj Marg is free of charge, and is open to all over eighteen
                years of age. The only qualification is a genuine and abiding interest in
                spiritual growth and the willingness to participate.

                To begin the practice of Sahaj Marg it is necessary to receive introductory
                meditation sittings from a preceptor.

                For more information on the system and to begin the practice, please contact
                the center nearest you. Main international and local centers are listed in this
                brochure.

                "God is simple, and therefore the way to Him must also be simple.

                God has hidden Himself inside your heart and exposed you. Hide yourself
                and expose God."
                - Shri Ram Chandra

                "Remember, you are not only a tenant of this house, you are a tenant in this
                body itself. Prepare your next residence, before you leave this. Otherwise, you
                will be a houseless person, with nowhere to go."
                - Shri P. Rajagopalachari