[Meditation Society of America] Re: The Comfort of Silence/ and a group i...

  • Don James
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 16, 2005
      richesbysheila@a... wrote:

      I understand that kind of silent and deep communication--it is truly
      divine. But what I was pointing to is that, as of yet, most of us
      have not evolved to that level, on a full time basis. So we do still
      talk. Given that, it becomes how can/do we do so in the kindest, most
      meaningful ways?

      -In that case, then I think we need to talk about how we DO get to
      that silent, telepathic communion on a full-time basis. I don't think
      without that there will be any genuine communication on the talking
      level. There needs to be that dimension that connects us not just to
      the energies of the universe but to the energies of each other so
      that we truly feel our communion when we interact with each other.

      Meditative awareness isn't a 'thing' to talk about

      -no, but there are actions we can take to cultivate it. Such as
      practicing meditation and how we do that. Or how do we meditate in
      other venues such as typing a message to someone on an internet yahoo
      group forum.

      /point to--it is a beingness, essence, experiential reality that we
      carry with us, throughout all the interactions we have in this life,
      whatever this life, this world, may be.
      Not easy to talk about. Not easy to maintain. I'm trying.

      -and you will suceed, it certainly sounds like it.
    • richesbysheila@aol.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 16, 2005
        Thanks for the feedback--and the encouraging support. Much appreciated.
                                                   Sheila