Re: The Comfort of Silence/ and a group in spanish

  • mlcanow
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 13, 2005
      --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Don James" <
      oak1day566@c...> wrote:

      > -speaking of which, you owe me an email,
      > I sent you one before you went to California
      > and you said you'd answer when you returned.
      > Except for special people like yourself,
      > I rarely talk at all and I consider silence
      > a large part of my practice. You have to think
      > to talk, so not talking cuts down on unnecessary
      > thinking. :-) Plus it's easier to stay focussed
      > in consciousness that way. Even forums and emails
      > can cause misunderstandings.

      This made me think. And I was not talking, but I was reading.
      It made me wander about the truth of this statements.
      My experience is that whenever what I say is true, there is no need to think
      prior to the expression of it. The truth comes forward by its own. When I am in
      tune with the truth, it is because I am focussed in consciousness,
      leaving aside my difficulty in expressing myself in english... which brings me to
      another issue.

      I have just opened a group in spanish, and all those who wish to share or
      comment on meditation or any other thing as a mean to discover the truth of
      existence in spanish language, is invited to join.

      Maria Luisa