Re: The Comfort of Silence

  • Don James
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 13, 2005

      > is beautiful and comfortable.
      > It feels as though we are more
      > closely attuned by the silence.
      >
      > Reminds me of friends who are not
      > seen for years, but at the first
      > instant of meeting, the connection
      > seems whole and complete, as if
      > no time elapsed at all.

      -speaking of which, you owe me an email,
      I sent you one before you went to California
      and you said you'd answer when you returned.
      Except for special people like yourself,
      I rarely talk at all and I consider silence
      a large part of my practice. You have to think
      to talk, so not talking cuts down on unnecessary
      thinking. :-) Plus it's easier to stay focussed
      in consciousness that way. Even forums and emails
      can cause misunderstandings.
    • mlcanow
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 13, 2005
        --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Don James" <
        oak1day566@c...> wrote:

        > -speaking of which, you owe me an email,
        > I sent you one before you went to California
        > and you said you'd answer when you returned.
        > Except for special people like yourself,
        > I rarely talk at all and I consider silence
        > a large part of my practice. You have to think
        > to talk, so not talking cuts down on unnecessary
        > thinking. :-) Plus it's easier to stay focussed
        > in consciousness that way. Even forums and emails
        > can cause misunderstandings.

        This made me think. And I was not talking, but I was reading.
        It made me wander about the truth of this statements.
        My experience is that whenever what I say is true, there is no need to think
        prior to the expression of it. The truth comes forward by its own. When I am in
        tune with the truth, it is because I am focussed in consciousness,
        leaving aside my difficulty in expressing myself in english... which brings me to
        another issue.

        I have just opened a group in spanish, and all those who wish to share or
        comment on meditation or any other thing as a mean to discover the truth of
        existence in spanish language, is invited to join.

        Maria Luisa