Re: [Meditation Society of America] Mediation Insights

  • richesbysheila@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 13 1:32 PM
      I believe this is what is meant by "surrender." And, yes, it is strange--to our normal minds. But it is, I venture to say, much closer to truly being connected--to that which we can't name or coceptualize--or even know! Are we really ready and willing to do this? I wonder.
      And I sure hope so.
      Interesting. For those of us who say we want to be 'enlightened'--yet still want to remain in control, and to direct the higher energies we tap into. Interesting.
      Thanks for sharing your observations/insights.I have been experiencing similar ones in my meditation. Today, as I efforted at going in deeper, and was becoming enmeshed in my own thoughts, I found myself just letting go, doing nothing, just allowing my thoughts to go, not looking for or expecting anything--and I, too, found myself going deeper. But, as you said, I had to (also) give up my right/desire to glean something from this. I had to just sit, not knowing, not understanding, no agenda. And, upon coming out, I still had no direction or insight. I do believe that, today, I was experiencing something different.
      No agenda meditation--either going in, during, or coming out. Now, what do you make of that???
    • richesbysheila@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 14 9:53 AM
        Tony: Sounds like you are a dedicated meditator. Your descriptions of your experiences and your feelings/insights are invaluable. Thanks so much for sharing them.
        I guess this is one of those time when 'talking about' is helpful. As I (previously) said, we are still in the stage and form where we do (seem to) need communication with words! Nice when those words are informed by the deeper silence--or about it!!!!
        Thanks---- Warmly, Sheila