The Comfort of Silence

  • Jeff Belyea
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 13, 2005

      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 13, 2005

        > is beautiful and comfortable.
        > It feels as though we are more
        > closely attuned by the silence.
        >
        > Reminds me of friends who are not
        > seen for years, but at the first
        > instant of meeting, the connection
        > seems whole and complete, as if
        > no time elapsed at all.

        -speaking of which, you owe me an email,
        I sent you one before you went to California
        and you said you'd answer when you returned.
        Except for special people like yourself,
        I rarely talk at all and I consider silence
        a large part of my practice. You have to think
        to talk, so not talking cuts down on unnecessary
        thinking. :-) Plus it's easier to stay focussed
        in consciousness that way. Even forums and emails
        can cause misunderstandings.
      • mlcanow
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 13, 2005
          --- In meditationsocietyofamerica@yahoogroups.com, "Don James" <
          oak1day566@c...> wrote:

          > -speaking of which, you owe me an email,
          > I sent you one before you went to California
          > and you said you'd answer when you returned.
          > Except for special people like yourself,
          > I rarely talk at all and I consider silence
          > a large part of my practice. You have to think
          > to talk, so not talking cuts down on unnecessary
          > thinking. :-) Plus it's easier to stay focussed
          > in consciousness that way. Even forums and emails
          > can cause misunderstandings.

          This made me think. And I was not talking, but I was reading.
          It made me wander about the truth of this statements.
          My experience is that whenever what I say is true, there is no need to think
          prior to the expression of it. The truth comes forward by its own. When I am in
          tune with the truth, it is because I am focussed in consciousness,
          leaving aside my difficulty in expressing myself in english... which brings me to
          another issue.

          I have just opened a group in spanish, and all those who wish to share or
          comment on meditation or any other thing as a mean to discover the truth of
          existence in spanish language, is invited to join.

          Maria Luisa