Lunch With God

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 9, 2005
      From an email from Rusty Morgan:
      Hi Bob.
      Read this tale on a taoist group and I thought
      you might like it.
      rusty.
      ------

      A little boy wanted to meet God. He knew it was a long
      trip to where God lived, so he packed his suitcase
      with a bag of potato chips and a six-pack of root beer
      and started his journey.
      When he had gone about three blocks, he met an old woman.
      She was sitting in the park, just staring at some pigeons.
      The boy sat down next to her and opened his suitcase.
      He was about to take a sip from his root beer when he
      noticed that the old lady looked hungry, so he offered
      her some chips. She gratefully accepted then and smiled at him.

      Her smile was so pretty that the boy wanted to see it again,
      so he offered her a root beer. Again, she smiled at him.
      The boy was delighted! They sat there all afternoon eating and
      smiling, but they never said a word. As twilight approached,
      the boy realized how tired he was and he got up to leave.
      But before he had gone more than a few steps, he turned around,
      ran back to the old woman, and gave her a hug. She gave him her
      biggest smile ever.

      When the boy opened the door to his own house a short
      time later, his mother was surprised by the look of
      joy on his face. She asked him, "What did you do today
      that made you so happy?"
      He replied, "I had lunch with God."

      But before his mother could respond, he added,
      "You know what? She's got the
      most beautiful smile I've ever seen!"

      Meanwhile, the old woman, also radiant with joy,
      returned to her home. Her son was stunned by the
      look of peace on her face and he asked,
      "Mother, what did you do today that made you so happy?"

      She replied, "I ate potato chips in the park with God."

      However, before her son responded, she added,
      "You know, he's much younger than I expected."
    • Jeff Belyea
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 12, 2005
        Thanks, Bob. Beautiful.