What is Faith?

  • tsenshab
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 7 3:42 PM
      The fuel

           - Master, what is faith?
           The master asked the disciple to light a fire. The two of them sat in front of it and
      contemplated the flames.
           - That is faith - said the master. - It is the firewood in the fire. The fuel that keeps the
      flame of God alive in our hearts.
           - But the firewood needs a spark to change it into light.
           - There are many sparks. The most common one is called Will. Just wanting to have
      faith is enough for it to appear in our path.
            - Even when we spend all our life without believing in anything?
           - We always believe, even without knowing or accepting it and that is why it is so easy
      to awaken the spark. And furthermore, the more we live, the closer we grow to God: old
      firewood burns more easily.

      by Paulo Coelho
      http://www.warriorofthelight.com - newsletter